Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Hello OB Members! Hope you have a safe and fun weekend. And for everyone in the USA. have a safe and fun Labor Day Weekend. So I bought this Jeep last night. First picture as it was then. Second and Third pictures are as of this evening. New wheels, tires and took of the steps on the sliders. Benz.
Before. 40A0DAA5-302F-485D-B02E-B5439D3C1729.jpeg
After.5C0CBD2A-AA47-4548-A67E-DE43DDF4FB28.jpeg16FA5A80-8737-4EB7-843E-4E3D33C423B0.jpeg

David S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles
Member #

I'm planning on attending the OC Rigs n Coffee event at the same place tomorrow morning. Happy to show you if you come by. Cheers!
I wish I could but I’m working Saturday’s again this September and October so I won’t be back out till December unless it’s to go out on the trail then I may cough cough LOL. Want to make up something for my Yukon

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Well it’s been awhile since I’ve done anything besides driving but wanted to check back in and say hey. Tested my battery last night and it was bad so instead of waiting till it died I just went ahead and replaced it with an AGM from Advance Auto. It’s an Autocraft and is made by Johnson Controls who also makes Optimas now. I went to a battery conference for work and learned about the different batteries we sell and what makes an AGM different that’s why I went that direction.

I need to address my terminals. Does anyone have any suggestions for good terminals that can fit accessory wires? I need room for at least 3 4ga wires.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Well it’s been awhile since I’ve done anything besides driving but wanted to check back in and say hey. Tested my battery last night and it was bad so instead of waiting till it died I just went ahead and replaced it with an AGM from Advance Auto. It’s an Autocraft and is made by Johnson Controls who also makes Optimas now. I went to a battery conference for work and learned about the different batteries we sell and what makes an AGM different that’s why I went that direction.

I need to address my terminals. Does anyone have any suggestions for good terminals that can fit accessory wires? I need room for at least 3 4ga wires.
Check the milspec ones someone installed - a few posts back in this thread.

As for me, I drove my fifth child, first son, home from the hospital in it yesterday :) Baby and mama both doing fine after emergency C-section. I guess he's a little adventurer and didn't want to take the usual way into the world lol

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Check the milspec ones someone installed - a few posts back in this thread.

As for me, I drove my fifth child, first son, home from the hospital in it yesterday :) Baby and mama both doing fine after emergency C-section. I guess he's a little adventurer and didn't want to take the usual way into the world lol
Congrats and yes those are exactly what I’m looking for. Thanks!

Lead K9

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Franklin Park, Illinois
First Name
Lead
Last Name
Dog
Member #

Nothing exciting for mine. Replaced the battery on my wife's 2006 Commander and readjusted the dog barrier in the 2008 JKUR. My Siberian Husky "puppy" managed to knock it out of place so I had to realign it. That dog has no sense and does some of the craziest things. And if I don't keep him contained in the cargo area, he'll end up on my lap driving the Jeep!

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Congrats and yes those are exactly what I’m looking for. Thanks!
Here is the link to the milspec ones:

As for accessories, you are better off having a distribution block than trying to run multiple lines to the battery.

Reactions: tsteb112