Launch Member

Influencer I

Grand Island, Nebraska
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Piercy
Member #

Modified my kargo master safari roof rack. Think this is a little safer than 6- 1/4" self tapping screws and 2- 5/16" bolts holding the rear on the jeep.

Attachments

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

@KRGibbs I have the exact same snorkel sitting in my living room, waiting to be installed on my 4runner.

Did you mount the hose clamps to the quarter panel instead of using the lugs?

I finished wiring up my sideshooter ditch lights from Caliraised Offroad last night. I even figured out how to wire up the led in the switch so that the bottom part turns on with my other interior switches, and the top part turns on when the light is on. I know this is super simple, but wiring is not my strong suit. This is a major achievement for me. Super happy with the light output, not sure I'll ever really need more light than this. This pic is ditch lights only, no headlights. They don't throw very far, not really any farther than my headlights. I didn't really need any more distance though, mainly concerned about more visibility around me and directly in front of me. IMG_1878.JPG

KRGibbs

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor III

Belmont, CA
Member #

@KRGibbs I have the exact same snorkel sitting in my living room, waiting to be installed on my 4runner.

Did you mount the hose clamps to the quarter panel instead of using the lugs?

I finished wiring up my sideshooter ditch lights from Caliraised Offroad last night. I even figured out how to wire up the led in the switch so that the bottom part turns on with my other interior switches, and the top part turns on when the light is on. I know this is super simple, but wiring is not my strong suit. This is a major achievement for me. Super happy with the light output, not sure I'll ever really need more light than this. This pic is ditch lights only, no headlights. They don't throw very far, not really any farther than my headlights. I didn't really need any more distance though, mainly concerned about more visibility around me and directly in front of me. View attachment 65814
Yeah I riveted hose clamps to the fender. None of the mounting points on the snorkel would have worked without some serious time or modification, a couple would have required tearing a lot of the car down to access . i.e. behind the firewall, inside the door support column, under the hood mount, The ones that might have worked fairly well, i would have had to cut access points inside the fender in order to reach the bolts. If I went that route I may has well epoxyed it on for how permanent it would effectively be. Add to that it doesnt actually sit that flush and I already spent a couple days cutting and plastic welding the airbox and snorkel I decided a fast, albiet inelegant soloution was called for.

Ill paint the hose clamps black and call it a day.

KRGibbs

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor III

Belmont, CA
Member #

I've been wanting to pick one up and modify it but wasn't sure which ones had the right angle for the windshield on my Yukon. thanks for posting this, hows the inside at the air box ?
No clue, I had to cut it off and move it back six inches, I also vhenged it to 4" instead of 3. But it is a cummins swap so who knows about a stock motor. I hear the 60s series is a better fit, but I found this one for super cheap so I made it work. The wind shield line isnt perfect. I slightly lobster backed it to move the head in 4 inches.

Last edited:
Reactions: David S

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Just placed an order for a small (0.98") steel skidplate, as there is no aftermarket support for my vehicle that means going custom, and custom stuff cost alot of money (a .98" steel skidplate will offer alot more protection than a piece of plastic anyway), if I'm not happy with it I will get a custom front skidplate made up, but for the kind of driving I do, it will be fine.