Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Finishing up my latest rack project. Now I can put two 1730 Transport Pelicans on my EO2 mounts and have two jerry cans mounted.

Now since that little spot next to the cases was where my tent pole bag went, I need to fashion some mount off the side of the rack with super quick fist clamps.

The spacing is pretty good. Height matches the pelican cases.

Also wanted to show that a Front Runner Stainless Steel prep table fits PERFECTLY.. like, to the millimeter, on the rear shelf across the cargo area.

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

I fixed my windshield Washers. The booster that feeds the rear washer nozzle is either clogged or broken, so the fluid was just spraying out under the hood. I cut the end off the hose, bypassed the rear, and connected the hose directly to the hood connections. They now work better than they ever have, however Im battling my OCD by not having that rear nozzle working, even though I never ever use it. We'll see if practicality or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder wins in the end....
Test them out at freeway speed. If you need to adjust nozzles, a pin inserted into the holes will allow you to move the hole to the sweet spot. You dont want them spraying too high.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Overland Bound Talk mobile app

Reactions: Tim N Michele Davis

Cpl J

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Madras Oregon
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ke7cqw
Finishing up my latest rack project. Now I can put two 1730 Transport Pelicans on my EO2 mounts and have two jerry cans mounted.

Now since that little spot next to the cases was where my tent pole bag went, I need to fashion some mount off the side of the rack with super quick fist clamps.

The spacing is pretty good. Height matches the pelican cases.

Also wanted to show that a Front Runner Stainless Steel prep table fits PERFECTLY.. like, to the millimeter, on the rear shelf across the cargo area.

What roof rack is that?

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
New skids, I really like how they fit. Nicely engineered and only 20lbs more than the stock tin.....
ARB those from down under do some great work.....

IMG_0189 (1).JPG

Last edited:

John Galt

Rank III

Advocate II

Bend, OR
I got a couple things done lately. Been chasing a clicking in the rear passenger side when turning left. I think it could be a couple different things but my ujoints were shot in my rear drive shaft and I believe that there could have been a high spot in my rotor and it was hanging up on the ebrake shoe when it heated up creating the tick.
- Turned the rotors
- Took the whole ebrake system apart and put it back together
- Installed new ujoints in rear drive shaft
-Wired antenna for cb and mounted it on my rear bumper
- Changed oil and sent off an oil analysis to Blackstone
- Reset preload on both front wheel bearings (they had quite a bit of play in them)
-Installed 3 sets of Yakima load bars with gutter mounts
-Put the RTT on for the summer

Oh and took the family camping

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Wasn't today but only just got around to posting from this weekend. Finally fitted a small fridge between the front seats so no longer have to open the main fridge for drinks and snacks on the trail. Plus I get cup holders - luxury [emoji41]

Also added a mount for the fire extinguisher and some much need usb sockets for power

.shark.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wasn't today but only just got around to posting from this weekend. Finally fitted a small fridge between the front seats so no longer have to open the main fridge for drinks and snacks on the trail. Plus I get cup holders - luxury [emoji41]

Also added a mount for the fire extinguisher and some much need usb sockets for power
Clean set up!

'12 Xterra Pro 4x
@fromseastotrees - IG
Map Team for Trailsoffroad

Reactions: Novax326 and Tim

.shark.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Did you just drill it into the plastic? I have been wanting to get something like that for a while now[/QUOTE said:
So I measured it out while still intact, I looked for two things when deciding where I should place the holster....

1. Out of the way from keys hanging down and knees while driving

2. Ability to have a solid purchase on the firearm while deploying.

After I found the spot i wanted to mount, I removed the lower plastic piece drilled my holes, used spacers to allow the firearm to fit in holster when pressed up against lower dash and then mounted the kydex and snapped the lower plastics back on!

All in all only took about 10-15min.

'12 Xterra Pro 4x
@fromseastotrees - IG
Map Team for Trailsoffroad

NorCal Explorer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Weaverville, CA
First Name
M
Last Name
K
Member #

I hit a deer. The Shrockworks bumper paid for it self today. Over the last 6 years I have hit 5 deer and this not count the other forest animals that wonder on to the road. Every time before I installed the bumper the Xterra would spend a week or more in the shop, but not this time. Hit the deer at almost full highway speed and only had to bend the piaa light brackets back into shape again. Is it just here or are there more suicidal deer on the road now?