Gage
Last Name
Coduto
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KQ4HNV
Service Branch
USMC
Replaced all of the carpet in the Suburban with the rubber floor mat, cleaned the seats and changed the exhaust doughnut gaskets.

Advocate II

San Diego, CA, USA
Member #

New haircut on the 80. Picked up my new RTT. Hoping this setup will last for a long time for my family of four.
iKamper Skycamp
Rock lights, turned Area lights
Rear Backup/Convoy lights
LED bar
View attachment 35629
View attachment 35624 View attachment 35623 View attachment 35622 View attachment 35627 View attachment 35626
Looking good! The light bar works great up there... so pumped how well that turned out. Glad you're enjoying the tent so far. Thanks again!

Last edited:

KAWR_4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

New York City
Member #

Pretty exciting day, drove to staples and bought a mean chair. They didn't have it in stock so super stoked about having to wait for it, jajaja yeah today was adventurous.

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
No worries. Good things to know. I use anderson not just at home but at work. We have a few of the large 350A plugs for some battery bank disconnects on some vehicles we use. A few things that some do not know about the larger andersons is that once you move above the 45A standard (which uses the same connector bodies as the 15 and 30A) the colors are specific and usually keyed so that you must keep the same connectors through out.

Also if not use to working with them, google "anderson races configuration" to make sure you orient the red and black properly for future use. There are alot of youtube videos, and info available. This is just a quick primer....
http://www.qsl.net/w2vtm/powerpole.html

For the source (vehicle) go with the largest 45A so incase yo use it for something else later you can without worry. The fridge typically draws less than 7A but usually have a 16AWG wire so the 30A is easier to crimp properly. Just keep your orientation the same so you never have a problem.

Attached a link to my post here about my setup and some of the stuff I have done, but once you get everything setup on anderson's your preps will be much easier.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/arb-fridge-install.8047/page-4
Thank you again for the info on the powerpole. I did replace the cig adapter before OTG and it worked like a charm. Also put some BROG molle back panels with bags for the kids. Helped limit the amount of kid crap they brought lol

A9DA636F-6698-411C-919B-BD824C92BE11.jpeg
D83006DF-C2F1-4E43-807E-61A5CBCF234E.jpeg
B5B9A9A2-9383-4FEC-BB1F-A9D9F89D2C8A.jpeg

Attachments

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Redid the switches for the exterior camp lights on the trailer. Don't use push button switches, they don't handle washbaord roads well. Plus rebuilt the kitchen latch and lock. It rattled itself apart with all the trails we took this year. Still need to replace the tongue jack, the handle got torn off on one of the trails we went on.

Now to convice the wife and kids it's not too cold to do one more trip this year.....

OB# 3805

rlhydn

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Installed the Front Runner under-centre-console lockable safe.

Anyone with a 70 series LandCruiser would share my joy as the console is now an appropriate height as an armrest.

Now to plan what will be installed in the safe, thinking some 12v points to start.

Attachments