Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Had a great Labor Day weekend. Well after we delt with the problems....
20170831_200438.jpg 20170831_205725.jpg
We lost both trailer tires going down the freeway. The total blowout first, then 2o miles later the other side decided to peal the tread off.

After having to use both the trailer spare and the truck spare we got to our destination. Spent most of the next day shopping foe tires, instead of playing. Finally decided to get the truck new tires and move the truck tires to the trailer.

20170901_194949.jpg 20170901_194935.jpg

Spent the next few days tearing up the trials on the mountain with the new tires. Stoked for the new tires.

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

A cancelled Oregon Coast camp trip turned into a few morning project completions.
• F450 camper: self-leveling sealed some roof edges, and cleaned-up wiring to the National Luna (found a damaged/broken power wire) for some nice cold results. [emoji41]

• Jeep: added some tool box liner to the Pelican case and will put a rechargeable dehumidifier inside.

MagnoliaOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Owens Cross Roads, Madison County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

What did I do to my rig today?
Not much, just added a section of foam to the back of a bamboo cutting board that is tucked away behind my Springtail rack/table on my rear door.

The small cutting board was bought for my new Trail Kitchens chuckbox, but I got a bigger one for it, and put the smaller one in the rig to use for cutting up grub and for resting a backpacking stove on.

This way when I am out exploring the mountains for a day mapping out future potential campsites, I do not have to get out one of my bigger tables to prepare something for a quick meal.

I had put the cutting board in there and when driving it rattled like crazy.
This will prevent that, as I hate rattles :D

I'm curious where you found that fold down table or did you fab it up yourself?

Reactions: Jose

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Replaced my battery. In the heat of the desert southwest, you're lucky to get two or three years out of a battery and I've had great success with Sears Die Hard Platinums. I pulled the old battery from my Jeep and drove to the Sears Auto Store only to find they discontinued them. They were manufactured under contract by Odyssey but no Odyssey dealers are close. Ended up with a Duralast Platinum from Auto Zone and we shall see how that does.

IMG_3289.JPG

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Replaced my battery. In the heat of the desert southwest, you're lucky to get two or three years out of a battery and I've had great success with Sears Die Hard Platinums. I pulled the old battery from my Jeep and drove to the Sears Auto Store only to find they discontinued them. They were manufactured under contract by Odyssey but no Odyssey dealers are close. Ended up with a Duralast Platinum from Auto Zone and we shall see how that does.

View attachment 33904
Those Diehard Platinum Marines were great batteries. Used them in my old JKU for over 6 years. Sad to see them go away.

Good battery luck to you!!

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Finally got around to replacing the 14 year old all-terrain spare with a proper full sized KM2 on my CDN M101 trailer. Now I just have to remove the Trasharoo from the other spare, pull that one off the back of the trailer, put this one on the back of the trailer and remount the Trasharoo...tomorrow

IMG_3307.JPG

Last edited:

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

I got to wash egg of my truck, and dash, in inside windshield, and seats, and..... yeah, lets just say it was that bad.

I just got done doing a quick and dirty cleaning of the interior of leeloo and then ran her down to the car wash and scrubbed the drivers side. To start my company rented out Lagoon (amusement park in Utah) for just the employees and their families, while there are 3,000 of us, it is still WAY less than 12-15,000 that visit a day. So we took my daughters best friend and the family and enjoyed the evening there. Dropped my daughters friend off at her home and started heading home when I feel a sting on the side of my face and see yolk across the windshield. Oh hell to the NO! Chased the pieces of crap a few blocks, got their plates, PD has already contacted the registered owner who said her son has her car..... I had one egg on the door and the other off the side of my face which sprayed egg all over the inside of the rig. Police are able to go from criminal mischief to assault due to the strike, and while the cop was here taking photos and reviewing my dash cam footage, they had 3 other call of these guys egging cars (Im the only one with a license plate and video but the same description on the car), so they put out a ATL the the sounding cities. The car is register in SLC just 10 minutes away, and I have both scanners searching UCAN for hits. Needless to say I'm pissed. I have poured a nice big Mason Jar with Jim Beam and Coke, and try to relax. But here is the video. I still wish I had more power in the X. But being she is fully armored, lifted, 33" tires, and a dam RTT on the rack, she did pretty dam well.

WARNING I swear like a sailor in this video, so be forewarned. But I am a Marine so I am in the department of the Navy.

Murray PD just stopped by to pick up a copy of the dash cam, talk over a few more things., and I think check out the Lego collection again. They are charging them with multiple counts of criminal mischief, assault, and reckless driving. I asked if I am getting a reckless driving or "offroad" lights not off road, etc. they said nope, but lets not do it again. I replied with I hope I never have too. Shook the officers hands and told them to be safe out there. Guess I'll find out when I get summoned to court on this.

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

I got to wash egg of my truck, and dash, in inside windshield, and seats, and..... yeah, lets just say it was that bad.

I just got done doing a quick and dirty cleaning of the interior of leeloo and then ran her down to the car wash and scrubbed the drivers side. To start my company rented out Lagoon (amusement park in Utah) for just the employees and their families, while there are 3,000 of us, it is still WAY less than 12-15,000 that visit a day. So we took my daughters best friend and the family and enjoyed the evening there. Dropped my daughters friend off at her home and started heading home when I feel a sting on the side of my face and see yolk across the windshield. Oh hell to the NO! Chased the pieces of crap a few blocks, got their plates, PD has already contacted the registered owner who said her son has her car..... I had one egg on the door and the other off the side of my face which sprayed egg all over the inside of the rig. Police are able to go from criminal mischief to assault due to the strike, and while the cop was here taking photos and reviewing my dash cam footage, they had 3 other call of these guys egging cars (Im the only one with a license plate and video but the same description on the car), so they put out a ATL the the sounding cities. The car is register in SLC just 10 minutes away, and I have both scanners searching UCAN for hits. Needless to say I'm pissed. I have poured a nice big Mason Jar with Jim Beam and Coke, and try to relax. But here is the video. I still wish I had more power in the X. But being she is fully armored, lifted, 33" tires, and a dam RTT on the rack, she did pretty dam well.

WARNING I swear like a sailor in this video, so be forewarned. But I am a Marine so I am in the department of the Navy.

Murray PD just stopped by to pick up a copy of the dash cam, talk over a few more things., and I think check out the Lego collection again. They are charging them with multiple counts of criminal mischief, assault, and reckless driving. I asked if I am getting a reckless driving or "offroad" lights not off road, etc. they said nope, but lets not do it again. I replied with I hope I never have too. Shook the officers hands and told them to be safe out there. Guess I'll find out when I get summoned to court on this.

Don't mean to like such a "FUCKED UP" situation brother but DAMN> to hell with them!! I hope u get justice!

Reactions: Northernlady

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

enjoy the shit out of the Jim and C... well deserved after that crap

Railman

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Manhattan Il
Member #

I treated the inside of my frame rails with Eastwoods internal frame coating. Definitely a 4 can job. Any full size rigs I would suggest 6 cans to be on the safe side. It was one can per coat per side for me.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Jimmy P and Rocky