What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Added a few horsepower with the addition of a Krazy Beaver Tools diecut sticker.
Shot the video with my NVIDIA Shield tablet that I use for mapping future campsites, much better than using my HTC One cell phone.
A little more convenient than getting out the Canon Rebel T5i camera.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Measured how much ground clearence my rig has, it's only 7,08" (some of us don't have liftkits available for our rigs)

Sent from my Samsung S7 using OBTalk app

Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
More wiring clean-up. Getting close to being able to loom the engine compartment. Wiring schematics drive me crazy :smile:

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

What did I do to my rig today?
Not much, just added a section of foam to the back of a bamboo cutting board that is tucked away behind my Springtail rack/table on my rear door.

The small cutting board was bought for my new Trail Kitchens chuckbox, but I got a bigger one for it, and put the smaller one in the rig to use for cutting up grub and for resting a backpacking stove on.

This way when I am out exploring the mountains for a day mapping out future potential campsites, I do not have to get out one of my bigger tables to prepare something for a quick meal.

I had put the cutting board in there and when driving it rattled like crazy.
This will prevent that, as I hate rattles :D

Reactions: Rocky

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I always try to get the boys Involved when it comes to working on the Jeep or the off-road trailer but heres the new rear storage mocked up. It wasn't going to be anything major or drastic just actually flipped it around and removed a drawer In order to add the freezer. I still need to tweak the drawer slide to open and close smooth sand and prep and spray again. But I think this is where it's staying how it is with the cooler as a make shift freezer just don't know if I want the ARB or the Snomaster with slide but still need to do some research on them to see what will be sufficient for a family of four. Here's before and after pics.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Sexy, I just use handheld ham and scanner. I want a mounted option but just too out of my league for what I would use it for, but great job on the CC. But I do have a mounted CB rig atleast.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
What started with a cheap icross iPad mount (not pictured), my old iPad 2, and a Dual 150 external gps..

IMG_0963.JPG

Has grown into this. I just added a Delorme inreach which is, what I believe, the final piece.

IMG_2107.JPG

The Joy Factory mount could be more stable but is otherwise fantastic. I'm working on steadying up the mount but it's really not all that bad. I customized a watertight LifeProof iPad Air 2 case to use the magconnect and added an inreach cradle with a Ram clamp mount to one of the Joy Factory arms.

IMG_2105.JPG

I'll be putting it all to the test when I hit trails on my way to Expo East.

Railman

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Manhattan Il
Member #

I gave the TJ a much needed colonoscopy for about 3 hours! The little Rigid flexible scope camera was an awesome tool to make sure I got out all the rust and sand that had accumulated in the frame rails. The other two invaluable tools were the blow gun with clear tubing and the vac with the reducer and the flex hose. I basically started at the front of the Jeep and kept blowing everything toward the rear trying to catch as much of the partials as possible with the vac hose. I would not go any smaller than the 1" ID hose on the vac. Rust kept clogging it up . Any bigger though and it won't fit into the holes to do a proper Job. The pic of the rust is just the rear piles. the front had about the same and the middle piles were all the large chunks that would not fit down the hose. Now to put a rust inhibitor in the frame rails and Por-15 the outside.IMG_0712.JPG IMG_0713.JPG

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

Moved some stuff around to make it more accessible. I used a couple strips of velcro to strap the Leatherman sheath, but had to use the cable tie to give it some extra support. Not super pretty, but these two stay quickly accessible here at all times. FYI, I also carry a Gerber multitool in my bug out bag. The Leatherman was sort of a 'spare', so it has a permanent home in the back of the Jeep.