Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Bought this 15L hard plastic watercontainer, a campingchair and a blanket today 20170621_001638.jpg

Sent from my Samsung S7 using OBTalk app

Reactions: Kelly

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Also bought this 24L 12V cooler and this little flashlight (the small green box next to the cooler is an air mattress)
20170621_003605.jpg20170621_003749.jpg20170621_003804.jpg

Sent from my Samsung S7 using OBTalk app

Reactions: Kelly

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Installed these gear bags to take up dead space between the roll bars in the back of my JKU. I put one on each side and they have way more storage space than i was expecting. I was able to take all the stuff i stored under the back seats and store them in these. Driver's side has all my recovery gear, passenger side has my big torque wrench and my socket set toolbox. both sides still have plenty more storage space left over, but i haven't figured out exactly what else i'm going to move into them yet.

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Installed these gear bags to take up dead space between the roll bars in the back of my JKU. I put one on each side and they have way more storage space than i was expecting. I was able to take all the stuff i stored under the back seats and store them in these. Driver's side has all my recovery gear, passenger side has my big torque wrench and my socket set toolbox. both sides still have plenty more storage space left over, but i haven't figured out exactly what else i'm going to move into them yet.
I just got some of those a couple of weeks ago too and I really like them!

Reactions: kg6zjl and brien

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I spent yesterday afternoon running power from my battery to the rear of the 4Runner, installing a Powerlet receptacle. I put a Powerlet plug on the fridge/freezer, and will put on on my compressor and inverter once Amazon delivers a couple more. Plus, I'm adding a Powerlet receptacle on the grill so I won't need to use alligator clips any more.

Soon, I'm going to have to add power management under the hood, as it is starting to look like spaghetti.

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

Homemade icon uca dust cap uniball lube port. Icon recommends not lubricating their uniballs because it will attract dirt, but since I have the dust caps and couldn't take the creaking noises anymore I decided that lube was the cheap easy answer. The caps are secured by a double sided tape circles that do a great job sealing them off. The downside to this is that every time you want to remove them you have to buy more sticky circles. I drilled and tapped 1/4" hole through the cap and found some nylon screws at the hardware store that were easy to grind down to be flush inside the cap. Problem solved, So far so good, I use a synthetic lube with ptfe, I have heard that petroleum based lubes can eat up the teflon inside the uniball. I don't know if that's true, but decided not to risk it. Hopefully this lasts awhile and eventually I will retrofit these uniballs to the new delta joint. Until then, this cost me about $.50

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

10ga

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Morristown, TN
Member #

I bought another 100 series a couple weeks ago so I've been swapping some stuff out before I put the red one up for sale. Yesterday I put the 16" wheels and tires on my new 100 and painted the wheels black. I really like the black wheels with the dark grey color. I put the 18" newer cruiser wheels and Duratracs on the one I'm going to sell.

I actually like the look of the 18's on the old 100

Before I painted the 16's

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Not much, but I really couldn't stand the greyish dealer text under my number plate. So with a black waterproof marker I made it all black just like the plate holder.. Looks way better now xD

Some day I'll just buy a new plate holder with no text to begin with, but square pate holders aren't as common here as all our plates are long rectangular not square..

Reactions: Kelly and Joey83