Washington, Morris County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Bradford
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Roof rack was delivered yesterday!
20170615_195116.jpg

It was later but i couldn't wait. Wanted to get it installed. It was dark by the time i finished
20170615_210256.jpg
I took the final picture this morning before work. I think it completes the look.
20170616_063353.jpg
Ready to start loading it up. Want to put some rear lights on it.

Reactions: GXnGS

OwenR4968

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Glendale, AZ
Member #

Busted a swaybar link some how, so replaced it with some Rubicon express. I'd love to show a finished product but alas, one of the bolts is like fused to the swaybar, so..

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Thats sad man.. 2 identical yellow 306's there to be scrapped.. was it actually broken or is it just hard to sell cabrio's like that out there?

I cleaned up the car a bit today, tomorrow is the yearly big international Toyota gathering @ my work so going to have a looky there and decided the car needed to be somewhat presentable. There were loads of dead bugs plastered all over the front xD

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Thats sad man.. 2 identical yellow 306's there to be scrapped.. was it actually broken or is it just hard to sell cabrio's like that out there?

I cleaned up the car a bit today, tomorrow is the yearly big international Toyota gathering @ my work so going to have a looky there and decided the car needed to be somewhat presentable. There were loads of dead bugs plastered all over the front xD
It's actually close to impossible to sell 306 cabs up here

Sent from my Samsung S7 using OBTalk app

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Bought this 2.2 lbs fire extinguisher for my car today after what happened to me and my family last april. 20170617_172950.jpg

Reactions: utspoolup

jer

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Temecula
Member #

I did a very detailed wash after are trip to utah.
Had anyone wrapped the rig with clear vinyl for protection from tree branches?
20170610_153843.jpg

Sent from my LG-H830 using OB Talk mobile app

Badge of honor. Got that.
Been there done that an will keep on trekn.
Looking to please the misses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sonarman

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Bought this 2.2 lbs fire extinguisher for my car today after what happened to me and my family last april. View attachment 26575

2 things.

First, care to explain what happened?

Second, make sure it is very well protected/ secure. With a plastic valve body like that, it will be the weak link in the setup. I went with a USCG rated holder, tied into my interior rack (which has held a few hundred pounds, IE solid), using steel brackets I cut and grade 8 hardware (equivalent to your 10.9 metric hardware). The valve is protected by the horizontal support on the rack itself (1" box steel), so I am not worried about anything happening to it, but with the plastic body, you just need to be more careful. But the bigger the extinguisher, the better. Mine is a 5lb unit.

We had a fire a few years back in the field behind our house right before the 4th of July. We had hoses working on the trees (70ft cottonwood populars) that looked like massive qtips on fire. Think 4 of them were ablaze. Then the neighbors car port with 2 cars in it caught fire. This is where I used 2 10lb extinguishers until the fire dept showed up. the cars were okay. They lost 2 sheds, the car port, a fence, a few trees. We just lost the trees. Not a fun way to spend your night for sure. But it could have been alot worse. I keep 6 10 lb units in the house and a few more 5lb units around the property (shed, BBQ, etc). Its cost a little bit to setup, but the cost pale in comparison to not having something.

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Went to a Toyota car meeting today, met a bunch of other Land Cruiser drivers there :) Also somebody who recently bought a 120 series like mine which was already fully kitted for expeditions.. So gave him the overlandbound url so they can take a peak here before they go off on a trip!

Reactions: steve_birdsall

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

New pack-able BBQ grill, I'm going to experiment a little with it over the coming weeks, but they seem to have a following online. This is the medium sized one, which I think is great size for me or the family. $40 on Amazon. Even if I'm not happy I will just add it to the box of stuff for when the SHTF.

Packed

Size comparison

Unpacked

Setup

Setup comparison

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Spent the past 2 days up Big Cottonwood Canyon in Utah camping and hiking. Made a great start for Father's Day weekend.

The water is high and moving fast from the snow melt. Kept us from our goal of making it all the way up to doughnut falls.

Made it to waterfall luckily, it's hidden way.

OB# 3805