Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Got the fuel filter changed in the rig. Relocated the propane tank on the trailer to fit the water heater when the storage box for it shows up later this week. Hopefully we can have hot water for our trip next weekend.

OB# 3805

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I installed an external cb antenna on the drivers side pillar of number 7. I can actually hear what the Cobra 75 is receiving now. I test fit a bunch of gear on my trail rack. It sure opened up some room. I installed my can holders on the front fenders and made a spout for the scepter MFC. Then I cut a slot in a Rigid milk crate for the bar of my saw to fit through. xwqz181106.jpgxwqz770331.jpg20170520_172048.jpg20170520_195841.jpg

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

I installed an external cb antenna on the drivers side pillar of number 7. I can actually hear what the Cobra 75 is receiving now. I test fit a bunch of gear on my trail rack. It sure opened up some room. I installed my can holders on the front fenders and made a spout for the scepter MFC. Then I cut a slot in a Rigid milk crate for the bar of my saw to fit through.
Man I dig that jerry can mount, nice job.

Reactions: dwaggs_

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

I just remounted my RTT for the summer. Its amazing how many people you see point, take photos, and videos. Just finished packing a bag as I fly to Palmdale California for the next week, will be home Friday evening, and hope to get out for Memorial day. Still a ton of snow up in the mountains, but everything but the fridge is packed in the rig ready to go. Ill find something I can do.

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
I finished off installing the Mopar Headliners in my Jeep JK Unlimited and took it for a test drive. It really does seem to lessen the amount of noise in the cabin while driving. Whilst out and about, I stopped by my local REI and picked up 2 new 4 gallon heavy duty water carriers from Reliance. They are super-sturdy and are stackable.
Reliance.jpeg
I am going to follow the "2 gallons per person per day" rule of thumb when outfitting my rig for the upcoming summer months. It's going to be a scorcher!
Since REI was having a sale this weekend, the queues were super long and I picked up another useful first aid kit while waiting. I guess that you could call this one my third aid kit? This new kit is now tucked in the drivers-side door of my jeep.
Adventure.jpeg
I already have a small medical kit in my hiking backpack and a much larger "Comprehensive" medical kit in the rear of my jeep.

Last edited:

TheBarefootFamily

Rank VII

Trail Mechanic III

Pueblo, Pueblo County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Berkenbile
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Not to much, just took a 400 mile round trip to test the legs on the rig and attend a congratulations party for my cousin now a new M.D. Ox proved himself fully loaded with 8 people. Next trip gear will be loaded and hopefully we will head up to camp and check Ox's livability.

OB#3141
Experience is gained through hardships and the motivations to succeed.

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Installed the Slee bracket and mounted the air compressor. Put in the Blue Sea fuse block and wired the fridge and lights into it. Now have to figure out the compressor wiring. Btw- anyone have a recommendation on the fuse size for a 42L fridge?

IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0001.JPG

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Installed the Slee bracket and mounted the air compressor. Put in the Blue Sea fuse block and wired the fridge and lights into it. Now have to figure out the compressor wiring. Btw- anyone have a recommendation on the fuse size for a 42L fridge?

View attachment 24195
View attachment 24196
Depends on how many amps or the wattage of the frigde, then you'll want to add a couple of amps for current loss because of the resistance of the length of the wire. So, what's the amp pull on your fridge in 12V mode?

OB# 3805