What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

BJ'sFJ

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Anyone see something new under the FJ?

Installed some Total Chaos Race Series Lower control arms. After a year or less my lower bushings were shot again. Decided to go with TC for a few reasons:
- Ease of Maintenance. Uniballs and Polyurethane Bushings are a lot less labor intensive to replace than OEM.
- Increased strength. Arms are made out of 4130 Chromoly
- Dual Sock Capability. I can add a bypass shock for increased performance on and off the road. TC sells a shock hoop that requires a little welding.

http://www.chaosfab.com/2007-2009-FJ-Cruiser-Race-Series-Stock-Length-Lower-Control-Arms-86500-R

Now the build is almost finished. Done with the big ticket items for now.

SAFETYRUNNER

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRHZ939
Having an "older" rig allows me to do other things beyond Overlanding. This weekend I took Oliver to a car show. We had a great time and a lot of interest in Oliver.

View attachment 24228
@Simon Wolfe, your rig looks like the Beverly Hillbillies on a roundabout. I meant that with all good vibes! I would love to hear that truck talk about its life.

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Got the jack all finished and ready to be mounted. Now if I could just find a place to put it...

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Kelly

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Depends on how many amps or the wattage of the frigde, then you'll want to add a couple of amps for current loss because of the resistance of the length of the wire. So, what's the amp pull on your fridge in 12V mode?

OB# 3805
I haven't measured it personally, but others report a peak pull of about 5.6 amps when the compressor is really working.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Its been raining here for a couple weeks so this evening I went wandering around the countryside with my middle daughter.

Rock with water running out of it.
tmp_19387-20170525_1851181786449765.jpg
tmp_19387-20170525_1848191011725736.jpg
tmp_19387-20170525_1827111602055364.jpg

Reactions: 21_RAM2500

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

Just went for a drive.. down to the local Edmonton Alberta "DCOR" coffee night. Most attendees aren't really "overland enthusiasts", a lot are all about mud, but still you get a few that become more and more interested in the whole exploration thing after they start breaking down by running hard through mud and rocks.

Either way, check out the beauty 1942 Ford GP that showed up!
At least I think it was the Ford GP... Perhaps it's a Jeep MB.
Anyone good in their history that wants to figure it out?