Rank IV

Advocate II

USA
First Name
D
Last Name
P
Member #

No fun pictures today. Had a larger crank pulley to spin the supercharger faster installed today, along with an Kleeman (in Colorado Springs) ECU tune to compensate for the headers, exhaust, and additional boost. I asked them to soften up initial throttle tip in while they were in there and although I have only driven it a couple of hours I am pleased with it already. Gives me that sea level power I was missing up here at 8200' elevation and removes the touchy initial throttle response.
Good work! What rig is the blower mounted on?

Reactions: Shahn

dp454so

Rank IV

Advocate II

USA
First Name
D
Last Name
P
Member #

That's going to be a massive improvement.
No doubt!! The factory 22’s “look good” (this look is trendy now) but doesn’t make much practical sense to me. Spend 60k on a truck and have to worry about blowing a bead or a pinch when you’re even moderately off reading or even hit a pothole… plus they ride harsh as hell. no thanks. I’ve always preferred the prerunners.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

No doubt!! The factory 22’s “look good” (this look is trendy now) but doesn’t make much practical sense to me. Spend 60k on a truck and have to worry about blowing a bead or a pinch when you’re even moderately off reading or even hit a pothole… plus they ride harsh as hell. no thanks. I’ve always preferred the prerunners.
I love that you put "look good" in quotes lol My sentiment exactly.

Reactions: Shahn and dp454so

speedkills

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Auburn, California, United States
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Delmore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6YND
Good work! What rig is the blower mounted on?
The G-Wagen. It came factory supercharged, 500hp but at my elevation I lose 25% of that so I made a few mods, headers, exhaust, plus ecu tune and spinning the supercharger a little faster to get that 25% back because I missed the power.

Reactions: dp454so and Shahn

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Finished my uber kludge awning mount bar, made from some tubing I had laying around and $20 worth of hardware from the store:
IMG_20220218_105909915_HDR.jpg
You remove the clip pins at the ends and they telescope out much wider, then you can put the pins back in to lock it. It's made to accept nylon rain fly I bought for backpack camping:
IMG_20220217_152344367_HDR.jpg

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

Installed a clean-agent fire extinguisher up front within quick reach (as opposed to getting out, going to the back, opening the rear door and window, and then reaching for the 5lb extinguisher). Still carry the bigger unit in back, but in a hurry this is right at hand…err, foot….quickly. My size 17 (US) feet still have plenty of room.

Attachments

dp454so

Rank IV

Advocate II

USA
First Name
D
Last Name
P
Member #

The G-Wagen. It came factory supercharged, 500hp but at my elevation I lose 25% of that so I made a few mods, headers, exhaust, plus ecu tune and spinning the supercharger a little faster to get that 25% back because I missed the power.
Appreciate the response. Love the GWagens. Don’t tell anyone here but I consider them a “grown-ups” wrangler.

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

Appreciate the response. Love the GWagens. Don’t tell anyone here but I consider them a “grown-ups” wrangler.
I haven’t grown up yet lol

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

Added a Blue Ridge Overland Gear JKU Attic to the Jeep, great product for freeing up some space and keeping blankets/sleeping bags/coats handy. Other than popping the freedom panels to make putting the front straps over the speaker bar area it was very easy to install, and taking the panels on and off was the longest part of the install.

Attachments

speedkills

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Auburn, California, United States
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Delmore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6YND
Hooked my E-Clik shocks up partially last night. I haven't hooked them up into the can bus yet, but hooked up enough of the electronics to be able to manually set the front and rear stiffness on the trail, then took them for a test drive today. They are worlds better than the Koni Raids and the KW shocks I had tried previously.

Trail conditions today were no joke.

Wheel2Live Outdoors

Rank V

Advocate II

De Queen, AR 71832
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Planned on camping but just ended up exploring some roads that we hadn't ran yet in the Ouachita's. Found a cool fire tower to explore and then had lunch with nice 360 degree views. It was good to get the Tundra out and I'm sure we added a few limb scratches due to how tight the trail was. Momma wasn't happy that she had to drive through a few spots so I could push limbs out of the way. IMG-0970.jpgIMG-0977.jpgIMG-0980.jpgIMG-0982.jpgIMG-0984.jpgIMG-0985.jpgIMG-0991.jpg

Attachments

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Finished my uber kludge awning mount bar, made from some tubing I had laying around and $20 worth of hardware from the store:
View attachment 223518
You remove the clip pins at the ends and they telescope out much wider, then you can put the pins back in to lock it. It's made to accept nylon rain fly I bought for backpack camping:
View attachment 223519
I like it.
Gonna be a pain hauling a fence around to tie it up to though.