Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
That looks great! What type of connectors/extension did you use for the remote mount?
I used the midland MXTA31 Extension cable from the unit into the center console and then used a .5ft Cat5e cable to connect between the extension cable to the RJ45 mount socket. The mic extension cable came with my unit and I had already fed it under the center console awhile back, otherwise I would of just ran a longer Cat5E cable from the unit to the RJ45 Socket.

Parts List:
Mic Ext Cable - MicroMobile® MXTA31 Microphone Extension Cable
RJ45 Socket - Cat5E cable -

velo47

Rank VII
Launch Member

Member III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX
Got together with a friend who has a metal shop and made some mounts for the Pull Pal.

The lever arm mounts to the VanCompass Hi Lift mount on the ladder. I've decided the Pull Pal is probably more useful than the Hi Lift.

The blade mounts on the back of the Aluminess spare tire swingarm.

EBasil

Rank VI

Influencer I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Basil
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6LBE
You don’t use a ball hitch for a recovery point do you?
That is not a safe recovery point, the ball is not rated for that kind of stress.
Right you are, and No, I don't: I have a hitch-mounted shackle. With rubber bumpers, I have been struggling to resolve recovery and jack points, so the hitch shackle provides a solution that isn't available in 1.25" ) and use would exceed the hitch spec on a 1.25", too).

Nothing like an airborne, 60mph ball hitch to put a chip in one's teeth... :screamcat:

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Right you are, and No, I don't: I have a hitch-mounted shackle. With rubber bumpers, I have been struggling to resolve recovery and jack points, so the hitch shackle provides a solution that isn't available in 1.25" ) and use would exceed the hitch spec on a 1.25", too).

Nothing like an airborne, 60mph ball hitch to put a chip in one's teeth... :screamcat:
Great, I was just checking.

Reactions: Shahn and EBasil

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
I fab'd up my radio console today in 23* weather like a idiot. LOL. This will sit on a wood platform I have already put together but need to finish sanding, priming and painting. Film at 11.
Zim
IMG-1733.JPG

IMG-1737.JPG

I'm going to drop in another usb port for charging also. Can never have too many charging ports. LOL

IMG-1736.JPG

speedkills

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Auburn, California, United States
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Delmore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6YND
Used it to pull out 3 Jeeps, 2 4Runners, and a SxS. I live right near Switzerland Trail in Colorado, a super easy trail in the summer but in the winter it can be seriously difficult and I don't think that message gets out. Sometimes when I go to Boulder to shop I take Switzerland trail as the scenic route. Today I needed some pac boots so down to Boulder I went.

On the way there I ran into a SxS first, following Jeep tracks and got in a bit too deep.

Then a couple of 4Runners. Looked all overlandy but just had the wrong tires for the conditions.

The second 4Runner had worse tires so I just pulled them all the way to the parking lot.

Then off to look for boots which was a complete failure. Looks like I'll have to head back to town tomorrow to try again. On the way home I almost just took the paved road, then figured it would be fun to see how chewed up the trail was after the days activity. Didn't expect to see anyone else on the trail as it was after dark, but instead I found a few people who really needed a hand.

The first couple was in a well prepped Gladiator and they were doing everything right, just had the world's worst luck and the steel winch cable broke, then some how the winch itself broke too, so they need a whole new winch. When I found them they had been digging and using traction boards to slowly make progress for about 3 hours.

First I pulled them out

Then I got them turned around and facing the same direction I was going as I didn't want them trying to continue the way they were going in the dark, the trail only got harder. Once I got them out the driver, Nicholas, offered me some cash as many people do but I never accept, we're all just looking out for each other on the trail in my mind. But while we were chatting when he heard I had most of my gear stolen a few weeks ago he offered me a snatch block and I accepted as I knew this would come in handy with future rescues.

After that I got in front of them, hooked up my kinetic rope and with a lot of power got them through the worst part. As we proceeded not too much further up the trail I ran into a woman and her dog who had been stuck for a couple of hours. She had called for help but we were there so we (the couple I pulled out in the Gladiator a few minutes earlier) helped the Wrangler out.

Using that snatch block I had just been gifted, Nicholas and I helped Maria get turned around as well.

Then the rescue party Maria had called in arrived. They ended up getting stuck too, I quickly helped them out and told them I get to take a picture because I helped them out :D

At that point everyone was back at the parking lot safely so we parted ways, and I went home to empty the water out of my far too short to be tromping around in the snow boots. I hope I find some better boots tomorrow.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Used it to pull out 3 Jeeps, 2 4Runners, and a SxS. I live right near Switzerland Trail in Colorado, a super easy trail in the summer but in the winter it can be seriously difficult and I don't think that message gets out. Sometimes when I go to Boulder to shop I take Switzerland trail as the scenic route. Today I needed some pac boots so down to Boulder I went.
Apparently it's recovery day!