What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Getting ready to install new winter boots on the pat, plus some maintenance items that need to be taken care of again. This spring, there will be some new goodies coming for it FINALLY. Can't wait to get it all sorted.
Got the new shoes on and just found out how bad the kumho at51 tire is for handling etc. It's a complete garbage tire. My new Winters transformed the jeep from a sloppy handling mess to a stable and confident ride again. My wife and I were both commenting on how much we were going to have to spend on suspension parts to get it fixed. Turns out two lower control arm bushings on the front are "getting bad" that's it.

That's great news, pop those new control arms in and were are back to 100 percent with the patriot. Bring on the spring when we are getting the off road goodies / travel goodies installed.

El-Dracho

Mid Europe Member Rep Germany
Expedition
Supporter

Endurance III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham Callsign
DO3BE
We took the long way, and the dirt way, to our cabin for Thanksgiving.
Today, we'll take the rig up to overlook a valley and make turkey tacos.
Wow, that´s a nice 2nd gen Trooper! Enjoy the trip!

Reactions: EBasil

Roots66

SouthWest Region Member Rep Texas

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF / FEMA CERT
Someone here has a blue first gen collie. I love that truck. His is basically the same as yours but with a truck cap on the back. Next time I see him out I am going to ask him to sell it to me!
Oh, I wish I could find a cap.

Mamalloy

Rank II
Adventure

Enthusiast I

San Tan Valley, Pinal County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Malloy Sr.
Member #

Having trouble finding tracks for my late model Silverado so a little DIY project with solid aluminum strut, self tapping sheet metal screws, and strut nuts did the trick!

Attachments

RoarinRow

Rank V

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6JJS
Replaced fog light HIDs to LEDs. Thought I had a problem with the ballast. Got LEDs then Googled my problem. Turned out to be a popped fused so I pulled out HID fog kit for nothing. Oh well LED bulbs in amber still looks good just doesn’t have the power output (I think) of HIDs.

IMG_0175.jpg

Reactions: mface7 and Roots66

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Having trouble finding tracks for my late model Silverado so a little DIY project with solid aluminum strut, self tapping sheet metal screws, and strut nuts did the trick!
I like the L-track. I need to get some of that for my decked system. sucks not having easy tie down points when the decked system is in

Reactions: Shahn

Mamalloy

Rank II
Adventure

Enthusiast I

San Tan Valley, Pinal County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Malloy Sr.
Member #

I like the L-track. I need to get some of that for my decked system. sucks not having easy tie down points when the decked system is in
The L tracks are great...tried to do mine on the cheap and bought 4-4' sections of an off-brand and found out the hard way that you have to buy the ones from Decked or the holes don't line up with cross braces under the deck (unless you want to drill and countersink all new holes). Tried to use the off-brand on the bed rails but they wouldn't stick out past the shell so I opted to install the uni-strut (c-channel) there.

Reactions: Shahn

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
The L tracks are great...tried to do mine on the cheap and bought 4-4' sections of an off-brand and found out the hard way that you have to buy the ones from Decked or the holes don't line up with cross braces under the deck (unless you want to drill and countersink all new holes). Tried to use the off-brand on the bed rails but they wouldn't stick out past the shell so I opted to install the uni-strut (c-channel) there.
good to know. I was thinking of ordering my own L-track, but now im second guessing it after reading your post. I'll most likely order the Decked Track instead.