Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
5-tire rotation and an (appx.) quarterly wash & clean this past weekend. All set to get out there this upcoming weekend.

View attachment 118811
I think if I had a choice (at my age) this would be my kinda rig. Not too big, not to small, low profile with everything you need for whatever you do.
I like it a lot, I really really do. Congratulations on perfection IMO !

Reactions: RoarinRow

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

I think if I had a choice (at my age) this would be my kinda rig. Not too big, not to small, low profile with everything you need for whatever you do.
I like it a lot, I really really do. Congratulations on perfection IMO !

Thanks, I appreciate that. It's taken awhile to get here, from Jeeps&ground tents, to Xterras&rooftoptents, to towing a travel trailer. I like where I am right now, it really works for us and is as self contained as we need with way more creature comforts than someone should have while out there on the road less traveled.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

But trail stripes are like a badge of honor :)

View attachment 118842
Lol, maybe the scuffed sliders count? I guess I need to try harder! Truth be told, I try pretty hard not to stripe the WJ up, but it won't stop me from using a trail and I won't modify the trail (cut stuff down) just to avoid stripes. This is one of the advantages of the WJ: it's actually pretty small. So if typical rigs have been using a trial, chances are the branches are knocked-back enough for the WJ already.

-TJ

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Lol, maybe the scuffed sliders count? I guess I need to try harder! Truth be told, I try pretty hard not to stripe the WJ up, but it won't stop me from using a trail and I won't modify the trail (cut stuff down) just to avoid stripes. This is one of the advantages of the WJ: it's actually pretty small. So if typical rigs have been using a trial, chances are the branches are knocked-back enough for the WJ already.

-TJ
I hear ya on that. Once you go and you take a line, you are pretty much committed, trail stripes or not lol. I try not to get any scratches or dings as well.

AL.WVSN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Al
Last Name
Mofo
Member #

I travel with my kids all the time - my truck is always full of stuff and one thing that always concerns me when i leave it out with clear windows. I tinted my rover today... "what they can't see they MIGHT not steal"

Attachments

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I travel with my kids all the time - my truck is always full of stuff and one thing that always concerns me when i leave it out with clear windows. I tinted my rover today... "what they can't see they MIGHT not steal"
Nice work!

-TJ

Reactions: AL.WVSN