Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Wonderful... Kind of tired of the snow though, itching for spring..! We're having a meetup next weekend.. camping and playing on the dunes/rock crawling.. same area as the 4x4 Jamboree.. check the Rocky Mountain Rally Points for details
Very cool, can’t to come back out and play!

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I installed the Midland MTX115 GMRS radio this morning. The hardest part was figuring out how I wanted to mount the magnetic base antenna and get the huge connector through the lower dash without taking the center console apart. The radio unit is small so it left me with plenty of room to access the OEM cigarrete lighter and USB port. I ran the antenna wire through the bottom of the 3rd brake light in hope of reducing the chance of water leaking into the cab. I plan on replacing the tiny antenna with the taller Midland +6db antenna. I purchased the bundle package which includes 2 hand held radios as well. https://midlandusa.com/product/ormxt115vp-micromobile-gxt-bundle/

I'll tuck the red wires away later. I pinched my neck climbing around in the footwell...

Without my wireless phone charger mounted

Antenna

Drilled a hole through the back and fished the antenna wire through. I will tuck the power cable back through the hole to hide the excess. When I sell the truck I'll just plug the hole with a rubber plug.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
How heavy are those beasts?
They’re heavier than my old SR5 wheel! 50lbs ea, but don’t think I’m gonna be bending these.

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Safety pressure valve started going bad on my ARB twin compressor so I replaced the head assembly. Had to dismantle most of the compressor to do it. Found a few screws that had fallen out... I used locktite to put it back together. Just something other might want to check on every once in a while.