Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Not today but the weekend tally includes diagnosing a failing steering rack, disassembling and cleaning the master window switch to get the driver's side window working again, touching up the paint on the sliders finally and putting my axe and shovel back under the seat after having them out for a while to treat the handles with BLO.

Life is hitting the wallet pretty hard right now, so upgrades are one hold till we can get caught up some.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Not today but the weekend tally includes diagnosing a failing steering rack, disassembling and cleaning the master window switch to get the driver's side window working again, touching up the paint on the sliders finally and putting my axe and shovel back under the seat after having them out for a while to treat the handles with BLO.

Life is hitting the wallet pretty hard right now, so upgrades are one hold till we can get caught up some.
TerryD,
I’m in the same boat with the money this month! Buying the wood stove, then getting all the class A stove pipe and fire stop, ouch! Well, someday we might even get more upgrades done. Maybe next year for me anyway! Benz.

Bionic Randy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Pipe Creek, Texas, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Tipton
Member #

Service Branch
Army
078749A4-BA52-4096-A2B0-F75FDE3D8156.jpeg 3A6E5BF5-166D-4D44-AFC1-F60FB978966B.jpeg Yesterday and today I changed out my upper and lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, and sway bar links. While in there I noticed my inner CV boot is torn and appears to have been that way for a while, so that will be my next project. Those stinking upper ball joints...sheesh I don’t want to do that again anytime soon!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
If you liked my my navigation platform build, the following are the parts you will need:

* Ram Mount 2.5" round base AMPs hole pattern and 1" ball (X2)- Amazon $6.49

* Ram Mount composite short double socket arm for 1" ball bases (1ea)- Amazon $8.99

* Ram Mount 18" long extension pole with diameter ball ends and double socket arm (1ea)- Amazon $20.99

* 1-1/4" conduit strap (1ea) Home Depot $3.00

* Heavy Duty 3M double stick tape (Already Had)

* 6 self tapping screws

* Zagg Rugged Book & Case for IPAD ( I already had)
Just an update my Navigation platform worked perfectly throughout a six day Overland trip in Death Valley!!!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Good evening everyone out there. I did a couple of mods over the the last few days. I got my new tires BFG KO2's LT285 /70 / R17's. I also built my own Overland navigation platform, which cost me a grand total of $45.00.. Full disclosure, I got the original idea from @Lifestyle Overland video, it was a great set-up.. Money is kinda tight right now and so I did some research and found a way to do mine for a little money.. Take a look I hope you guys like it!

View attachment 74161 View attachment 74162 View attachment 74163
Worked like a dream in Death Valley!!!

IMG_6830.JPG

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I think it was more like 35 degrees because I forgot to calibrate it before we hit the trail! It was still really Sketchy! Butt was puckering.
This was going down the grade towards Cerro Gordo Ghost town! It was super crazy but really fun

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
We decided last night we should see how cold it's going to get while camping in the desert this weekend.....teens at night, brrrr

Just can't stop exploring! Lol

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
We decided last night we should see how cold it's going to get while camping in the desert this weekend.....teens at night, brrrr

Just can't stop exploring! Lol
It got cold at night in DV but just have a good sleeping bag