What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

yak51

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

Odered a new Engel mt45f refer/freezer with bag and remote monitor today. They are on sale $799.99. They are making room for the 45 combi fridge/freezer which sells for $945, if I remember correctly. I've been waiting for this. I asked if they will be at Expo West, they said no. I almost forgot, they throw in an Engel 30 soft side cooler bag with purchase. That's a $199 value.

Reactions: Hafaday

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Started looking into why the trailer lights are working properly again. Started finding cracked and split wires. Ended up pulling out the whole harness. Gonna rebuild it with some quailty primary wire instead of a prefabbed harness.

OB# 3805

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
I was sick of my tonneau cover(which has filled with water making it incredibly heavy) due to the compromised space and I want a roof rack solution so I ordered a Leer 100XQ which was installed today. Clean lines, great paint match, integrated rack rails and it locks/unlocks with my Ford factory key fob! Time to figure out a sleeping platform.A845EA06-70D5-4848-8729-3284AE38DED5.jpegB5B3CFEC-99E5-4749-8344-C84AF063D8FB.jpeg

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Started looking into why the trailer lights are working properly again. Started finding cracked and split wires. Ended up pulling out the whole harness. Gonna rebuild it with some quailty primary wire instead of a prefabbed harness.

OB# 3805
Started building the new wiring harness for the trailer. Got some good 12 and 16 awg to build it out of. Coming along well, just need the weather to dry out to go install it. Using the old harness to map out the new one.IMG_20180322_214455_851.jpg

OB# 3805

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Today we fabbed up some brackets to mount up the isolator and latch and burned in everything. We also drilled the holes to mount the bumper carrier to the hitch. This allows the whole thing to be removable in 1,2 or 3 pieces. The swing arm, 2x4 and the hitch are all independent but tied together. Here are the pictures from today. Any questions please shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Today we fabbed up some brackets to mount up the isolator and latch and burned in everything. We also drilled the holes to mount the bumper carrier to the hitch. This allows the whole thing to be removable in 1,2 or 3 pieces. The swing arm, 2x4 and the hitch are all independent but tied together. Here are the pictures from today. Any questions please shoot.

I am impressed with you all that weld.. nice fab job. Can't wait to see the finished product. Question though...how much weight does this add to your rig?

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
I am impressed with you all that weld.. nice fab job. Can't wait to see the finished product. Question though...how much weight does this add to your rig?
Not sure. It’s about 4 feet of 2x4x3/16 and 4 feet of 2x2 3/16”. Itsnot too heavy. Probably after everything somewhere around 100 pounds for all of the steel. Those are a friends welds lol. I’ve never learned how to yet. He’s going to teach me after this project

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding