Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Worked on wiring up my ARB twin air compressor. Also, mapping out my runs for the air lines to locker switches. Took the back seat out, making room to mount the air compressor and tank.

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Down the rabbit hole
I noticed a couple of bad spots in the paint on the roof where the paint was peeling and it was rusting underneath. I spent an afternoon sanding the roof and priming it. From that vantage point I noticed the start of some issues with the hood. So I ended up spending a few hours sanding it as well. In order to make sure the paint matched, I sanded the fenders down to the color line and the front fascia. So a short fix turned into a two day project when you add in the spraying.

I got ready to shoot the color and realized I didn't have any reducer and hardener left. I normally mail order it but I didn't have the time. I found a auto paint supplier in Denver that is open 7 days a week. As it turns out they have the same stuff at the mail order price. I ended up driving 3 hours round trip to get the supplies but at least I am not sitting waiting. Now if the weather cooperates, I will have the main coat laid down tomorrow. I will then wait 48 hours and shoot the clearcoat.

It is 32 years old and looks almost brand new. I am an expert at fixing dents and dings.

wandering nomad

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

pnw
Member #

201K, no coolant leak. I'm hoping no head work, but I want to be sure before I start into that costly repair. Injectors could be a possibility, expecially if they are the orgianlly spider injectors, which I need to figure out. Going to check for vacuum leaks tomorrow and do a leak down test. That should give me some good ideas.

OB# 3805
pull cly 5 spark plug and inspect it, it should show signs of condition but my guess is..do the injectors i have had a burb,gmc 1500,and a denali all of them needed the injector assy replaced right at about 120k- 150k.

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Ran all the wiring and installed the newly peaked and tuned Cobra 25 LTD Classic CB and one awesome Wilson 1000 whip antenna. Best contact so far was 15-18 miles from my location...can't ask much more from a radio without any upgrade mods.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
pull cly 5 spark plug and inspect it, it should show signs of condition but my guess is..do the injectors i have had a burb,gmc 1500,and a denali all of them needed the injector assy replaced right at about 120k- 150k.
The spark on plug 5 is weak. Already changed plug, wires, cap, rotor, and coil. The wires don't touch the engine or any other wires. I'm not against doing the fuel injectors, but due to the cost I want to make sure that they are the problem before going down that route. Did a compression test and it's good, same with a leak down test. Running out of ideas...... :/

OB# 3805

Reactions: Jimmy P

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

EODCoduto

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Muscle Shoals, AL, USA
First Name
Gage
Last Name
Coduto
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KQ4HNV
Service Branch
USMC
Decided to keep my Suburban and take it Maryland with me in February. Then I put the interior trim back in and I am pulling the shot transmission tomorrow.

Traveler I

US
We're still saving for our Tepui, but the urge to adventure is too strong.
Short term solution: stuff our mattress in the back and get going.
Was a bit tricky since it's a queen size. I think a standard double would have fit better. But hey, it's in. Adventure Wagon is ready to go! First stop: Joshua Tree. (Well, the BLM land south of it at least.)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk