What can we do better for trails?

• HTML tutorial

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Where I am there arent a ton of trails so I want to try and do whatever I can to maintain the ones we do have and hopefully encourage more to open.

Other than responsible use and cleaning up after ourselves what else can we do?

ohiowrangler

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Newark, Oh
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Darling
Member #

The group I normally camp and ride with (ohio4x4 trail riders), get to know the locals, support the local businesses and contact local associations. We have a Memorial day ride around Marietta, Ohio and Wayne national forest, We camp at a site owned by a local watershed association. We've met with trustee's, land owners and local clubs to establish contacts. While the fight with Ohio department of natural resources and wayne national forest over trail access continues, we still support the local commerce, Ron

Reactions: HEYElliott

icant4x4heretoo

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hayward, CA
Member #

Get with the powers that be and volunteer to help get a group up to clean it up.
THIS^^^

And if you guys don't have one start 1. It only take a few to clean up...

Side note: I see a alot of clean up but I don't see trail maintenance? Coming from trail running and bit of MTB'in we do both so that the
landscape doesn't erod to use of people.

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Here in the UK, maintenance is the responsibility of the local council, but, there are more and more groups/clubs etc... getting involved with helping on maintenance days.
A great way of getting involved and giving something back.