What boots do members wear

• HTML tutorial

NV.Recon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Reno, Nevada
Member #

Wildland firefighting and military service has taught me a few things. I wish Whites made a hiking boot, best fire boot in the game, had them for years and still like new after getting resoled.

Red Wings didn't last me or anyone i know more than a half of a fire season, I will never buy another one of their cheap products.

Rocked a pair of Lowa's in Afghanistan, great boot. And my buddy swore by his Scarpas.

Merrell's were comfortable but I wore them out pretty quick.

Found Danners to suck for fire applications but we're good for military, so I'm on the fence.

Still kinda searching for a hiking boot that I love that isn't designed for military or fire.

Heard great things about Solomon. Think I'll give them a try.

OB 3319

Reactions: Albacore

Spurs14

Rank 0

Contributor II

Uk
Altberg desert boots. Comfortable light hard wearing. These are pricey but current pair are two year old and wearing well standard British army hot weather issue . Secondly Mei do desert fox very similar to the altberg.

Vincent Keith

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Poulsbo, Washington, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Binder
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kg7cli
I need to get my Ecco's fixed - most comfortable boot I have. I like my desert Danner boots everything but days like today - wet, coldish. Merrel's are nice, I like Vasque too, although mine are too heavy really.
I love my Hanwag Alaska GTX for when it's cold. If I just have to stand around in the snow for hours then I use my Kamik Nationwide, the removable liner makes them easy to dry out when they turn out to be too warm (which seems to be anything above 0º F.

apw3007

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Saint Albans, Vermont
Member #

I've been wearing high topped Rocky Gore-tex hiking boots for a little over a year now. Price isn't too bad, 180$-ish. Completely water proof so I don't have to worry about getting my right stuck anywhere. I also wear them backpacking and have put well over 300 miles in them without any issues. Added bonus is they can be worn as boat shoes if you need to be business casual!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Vincent Keith

C.L.Gravy

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Krum, Tx
Member #

Merrell Moab high top shoes. I wore steel toe Red Wing Pecos boots for years but I've decided I like the lighter weight of the shoes on the trail. I've got both the ventilated and water proof ones but I think I like the ventilated better. I usually have a spare pair of shoes with me if they get wet and my feet seem to feel better after a day wearing the ventilated ones.

I have some insulated boots I don't remember the name of for winter but I don't do much outside in the winter except what needs to be done.
Ditto on the high top Merrell Moab. Best hiking shoes I've ever had.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: TerryD

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

My work boots were red wings but I wore those out so I decided to try danners. I have the 8" bull run boot and after a 2 week break in they are real nice.

My hiking/camping boots are Merrell insulated deals... Can't remember the model off the top of my head, but my last set of Merrell boots lasted me over 10 years so I figured why mess with a good thing?

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app

wgmclain96

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fayetteville, AR/Richmond, TX
Member #

I bounce between my Sorels and Redwing Heritage boots. I prefer the Redwings now that they are well broken in, probably the most comfortable boot I've ever worn. The Redwings serve more as a day to day boot while the Sorels get the call during cold or very wet conditions

I have a pair of Vasques for hiking. I hear mixed reviews about them but they fit my foot well and have done their job over the last 3 years

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
I bounce between my Sorels and Redwing Heritage boots. I prefer the Redwings now that they are well broken in, probably the most comfortable boot I've ever worn. The Redwings serve more as a day to day boot while the Sorels get the call during cold or very wet conditions

I have a pair of Vasques for hiking. I hear mixed reviews about them but they fit my foot well and have done their job over the last 3 years

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app
Any pics

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
I ended up with Bates due to sizing and availability. I need an 11.5 EE-EEE according to a Brannock device and my experience. I would love to find something light and vented for dry weather use though. Sadly it seems to me that most footwear makers think athletic people don't ever have wide feet. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app

Amansh

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Walker louisiana
Member #

5.11 high tops. Waterproof, light, and plenty of options for lighter duty. I've worn these things for the past year and they still have plenty of life.
Side note, they've never given a blister even during break in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
Bought a new pair of walking boots today SCARPA bought the same brand all my life usualy get abought 3/4 years out of a pair have summer light weights gortex and winter boots Gortex lined
Got me to thinking good pair of boots have to be driven in although hate driving in me winter boots , oh and have Rw williams aussys for light duty
Bates high top tactical boots with zippers, steel toes, and waterproofing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using OB Talk mobile app

JeepersForVets

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Calgary, AB
First Name
Steve
Last Name
E
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE6EVL
Another vote here for the Lowas. They are by far the most comfortable boots I've owned and had virtually no break-in period required. I wear these on a daily basis when it's not winter. (The soles seem to harden when it's below freeing and they are super slippery on ice. Above zero, they are awesome and grippy on wet surfaces.

For the more heavy-duty hiking, I have a pair of Hanwag backpacking boots.

For winter, Keen boots (Growlers, I think).

Lowa's are my go to

OB2779

Reactions: Sparky