Western Washington Meet Up?

• HTML tutorial

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

I was found a couple good looking spots to camp which seem like they will have good views of lake cushman. if we take NF 400 all the way up near the end there is a pull out that is over 2600 ft so itll give an awesome view

route 2.jpg

Or I also found a spot if we take 23 up by brown creek and continue on to 2348 and then to 2365 there is another vista like pull out. Idk the road conditions but I thought id throw it out there

Route #2.jpg

Jhberria

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lacey, WA
@Truckerbizz Those spots looks good, man. I can't say for sure, but I've driven through most of that area so I've probably been up both if those FSRs. Most of it is cleared and logged, so the views from the hilltops are awesome.

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

@Truckerbizz Those spots looks good, man. I can't say for sure, but I've driven through most of that area so I've probably been up both if those FSRs. Most of it is cleared and logged, so the views from the hilltops are awesome.
Awesome, then let's try and go up fr 400 and if that doesn't work we can go up the other way. How does that sound for everyone? I can send .kml/gpx files out for those who are interested.

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

Awesome, then let's try and go up fr 400 and if that doesn't work we can go up the other way. How does that sound for everyone? I can send .kml/gpx files out for those who are interested.
Sounds great. I'd take the gpx files if you wouldn't mind sending them.

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

Ok so here's the tentative plan:
- Meet in the gravel parking lot across the street from George Adams Salmon Hatchery (40 W Skokomish Valley Rd, Shelton, WA 98584) around 1pm June 11th.
- Take the afternoon to get to camp, we can go explore the Vance Creek Viaduct.
- Stay the night of the 11th and then either leave the next morning or for those who want to we can go explore and find another campsite the 12th.

Also, please comment if you can make it so we know how many rigs to expect. Hopefully, we will have a pretty good sized group!

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

So I know we decided to go to the Olympics, but has anyone ever explored the Makah Indian Reservation? There seems to be a pretty good network of logging roads and also there looks like there is a drivable beach there called Hobuck. This could also be a fun place to go since a lot of us have already done the Olympics. Let me know what you think!

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

I've been out to,the Makah Reservation but only to go to Cape Flattery which is worth the trip. I have no idea what the rest is like. From what I saw the reservation is a bit sketchy in some spots and I don't know how the feel about non-tribal members recreating on the land. I've had some less than positive interactions on reservations before for simply not being a local. That being said, my time on the Makah reservation was very pleasant but Cape Flattery is a pretty big tourist destination on the Peninsula and they do generate income by selling the Makah recreation pass for $10 that is required to access the reservation. Hopefully the user fee means the tribe is open to tourists. Worth so research though.

Sent from my iPad using Overland Bound Talk

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

Well, as it turns out, I can't make this trip unfortunately. I hadn't realized this fell on the same day as my son's graduation. I'll have to join you guys on the next one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jhberria

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lacey, WA
So how many folks are still interested in this? If there isn't a whole lot of interest, still, I may just try and do Fortune Creek that weekend if snow levels permit.

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

Hold off for a weekend and I'll do fortune creek with you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk