Locust Grove, VA
First Name
Leif
Last Name
Henecke
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Looks like it was a fun day and you all found a really nice campsite...

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Looks like it was a fun day and you all found a really nice campsite...
It is a really great site! The girls and I didn't have our gear or we would have stayed. Brian is out there tonight. There's a good bit of room at that site and another very similar one not far from it. We were talking about doing a hammocking trip out there. "Hammock-con" was what Brian was calling it.

pcjfro

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Troutville, VA, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Casteel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB4RIP
Well, I pulled out one of my tool boxes today while at the station. Next step is to clean up the sharp edges, make a bug screen, and make a little table that will hook to the side of the bed for making coffee, and cooking and such.

Attachments

Reactions: smlobx and TerryD

pcjfro

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Troutville, VA, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Casteel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB4RIP
Sweet! Are you going to put in a glass window or stick with the aluminum panel for stealth?
I think I'm gonna stick with the aluminum as it works kind of like a cover. But I am going to affix some removable bug net to it so I can open it from the inside, attach the net, and have a window!

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Sorry I missed it Mike! Maybe we can try again and give folks more notice. This kinda snuck up on us all...

pcjfro

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Troutville, VA, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Casteel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB4RIP
Just had a quick question. I've got my account set up to send me emails when things are posted in a "watched" thread, but I havent gotten any at all... Since March I've been trying to stay off of my phone as a lot, so I forget to check on here or other social media sometimes. Does anyone have a fix?

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Verify "watch thread" is selected then go to your watched threads and make sure that "and receive email" is selected for this thread.

You can just click unwatch then watch thread again and make sure to select "receive emails".

We've had this trouble before.

pcjfro

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Troutville, VA, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Casteel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB4RIP
For all of you Nissan drivers out there, this may or may not help you save some headache...

I just had this heater hose inlet blow apart on the way to a hike. It was very brittle and the inner parts crumbled when taking it apart. The replacement is $18 at Oreillys, and it is aluminum, so HOPEFULLY, this one will last another 150,000 miles haha.

Obligatory, if this doesnt belong here, I'll delete it. I just know there are a few people running Xterras and Frontiers with the same engine as me :)

Attachments

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Wish I had known. I did this writeup for mine.

Reactions: pcjfro

pcjfro

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Troutville, VA, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Casteel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB4RIP
Wish I had known. I did this writeup for mine.

Haha, hindsight is 20/20. It seems like there is all kinds of info about this issue, but I just never stumbled across it.

Thanks for the info! I'll be swapping the t out soon. Just had to get off the side of the road today...

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
On the calendar for the 14th. Gotta decide what we're gonna do. Had talked about a little radio play and learning in the park somewhere, but Tha 'Rona put a hold on that. Might look at doing that soon.

Reactions: witchdoctor_33