Launch Member

Member III

Roanoke VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Janosko
Member #

Thanks for the invite! Hope you are all well, we have no covid in the family but tons of huge changes... now working construction due to all of the covid shutdowns. Am still in Roanoke & plan on making rally point & catch up.

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Hi folks! We decided to shut down the old thread because of issues with notifications we kept fighting so here we are on the new thread!

We hope everyone who came out for the ride this weekend had a great time and made it home safely. We're looking forward to more gatherings as things get back to normal!

Please tag or link in anyone that the RP missed in the area to get everyone back on-board.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Thanks for the invite! Hope you are all well, we have no covid in the family but tons of huge changes... now working construction due to all of the covid shutdowns. Am still in Roanoke & plan on making rally point & catch up.
Hey Steve! Glad to hear everything is good on your end man. I got that stove running but have had so many projects recently the lantern is still hanging in the shop waiting on it's turn on the bench.

mcstrand

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Winfield, Indiana, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Strand
Member #

Thanks for the invite. Hope to be able to attend! I’m going to assume you are the same former coworker who’s FB posts always include work on an Xterra, or camping from said vehicle...look forward to seeing you.

• Haha

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Thanks for the invite. Hope to be able to attend! I’m going to assume you are the same former coworker who’s FB posts always include work on an Xterra, or camping from said vehicle...look forward to seeing you.
Yes, yes indeed. How are you Matt?!?

pcjfro

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Troutville, VA, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Casteel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB4RIP
Subscribed!
Got the Alu-Cab installed last week, now trying To figure out what to do inside...
View attachment 154418

I have a much less pretty setup on my truck, but I have a vent installed on the top for extra airflow, and I built a very basic platform to raise me off of the bed and add some storage beneath.

Attachments

Reactions: smlobx and TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I'm thinking about getting out some Saturday to do some exploring. I haven't quite decided where yet, but I'm thinking somewhere near Barbours Creek, just checking out some of the dispersed sites and maybe do a little cleanup.

Anyone is welcome to join in!

Reactions: pcjfro

futuremunkey

Rank I

Contributor III

Dumfries, VA, USA
First Name
Rafael
Last Name
Zepeda
I'm thinking about getting out some Saturday to do some exploring. I haven't quite decided where yet, but I'm thinking somewhere near Barbours Creek, just checking out some of the dispersed sites and maybe do a little cleanup.

Anyone is welcome to join in!
I'd be interested in doing that, not sure if you remember me but I drove the maroon ram 2500.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I'd be interested in doing that, not sure if you remember me but I drove the maroon ram 2500.
Yes sir! Our missing man! Haha!

I don't know what time we'll be ready to go. Probably gonna be making a lot of u-turns. There's a ton of little camps down that way I've seen but never checked out.

futuremunkey

Rank I

Contributor III

Dumfries, VA, USA
First Name
Rafael
Last Name
Zepeda
Yes sir! Our missing man! Haha!

I don't know what time we'll be ready to go. Probably gonna be making a lot of u-turns. There's a ton of little camps down that way I've seen but never checked out.
haha :sweatsmile: yeah I may have hiked abit too far and ended up at brothers knob after we reached flagpole knob, I will say the view was also beautiful over there.

As for the next trip, no worries, just give me a heads up. I'll see if I can set a notification for this thread.