Welcome, Overland Bound Region - Southeast

• HTML tutorial

Insomnia

Rank 0

Traveler I

Thanks danan,

I just joined overlandbound forum, and am going to get my membership number. I have found it pretty difficult finding people in the south east to meet up with for trips. In all fairness I’m in Orlando, so if you don’t like a lot of pin striping you have to travel a fair distance to get out there.

Michael

Reactions: Mike P and Nickzero

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Thanks danan,

I just joined overlandbound forum, and am going to get my membership number. I have found it pretty difficult finding people in the south east to meet up with for trips. In all fairness I’m in Orlando, so if you don’t like a lot of pin striping you have to travel a fair distance to get out there.

Michael
Welcome to the fam Michael. Thanks for coming out to the meet n greet today. Let's get your rig hooked up soon! - Nickzero

Reactions: Alberto Escobedo

Traveler I

Hey guys! My name is Alex and I'm out of Knoxville, TN. I've had an account for a little over a year but I haven't been very active. I jumped back online to learn more about trails in the south east and share some experiences I've had while traveling through these parts and beyond. I'm new to Knoxville (2 years) but I've made every effort to explore and meet like minded individuals. I frequent the East Tennessee Overlander's on Facebook and find that a lot of folks (beyond TN) post as well. May be a good resource for you guys.

Recently I've traveled the Georgia Traverse and parts of the Kentucky Adventure Trail. A few months ago I drove the Jeep to Overland Expo West and took the long way back (via Utah, Colorado). We were living out of our Jeep for 2 weeks and loved every minute of it.

I post a lot of my experiences on instagram as @Geronimo_JK350 in case you guys want to see more about those trips. Look forward to meeting some of you on the trail or at Expo East in a few weeks!

Safe travels.
Alex

Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 10.45.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 10.44.24 PM.png

Attachments

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Hey guys! My name is Alex and I'm out of Knoxville, TN. I've had an account for a little over a year but I haven't been very active. I jumped back online to learn more about trails in the south east and share some experiences I've had while traveling through these parts and beyond. I'm new to Knoxville (2 years) but I've made every effort to explore and meet like minded individuals. I frequent the East Tennessee Overlander's on Facebook and find that a lot of folks (beyond TN) post as well. May be a good resource for you guys.

Recently I've traveled the Georgia Traverse and parts of the Kentucky Adventure Trail. A few months ago I drove the Jeep to Overland Expo West and took the long way back (via Utah, Colorado). We were living out of our Jeep for 2 weeks and loved every minute of it.

I post a lot of my experiences on instagram as @Geronimo_JK350 in case you guys want to see more about those trips. Look forward to meeting some of you on the trail or at Expo East in a few weeks!

Safe travels.
Alex

View attachment 67065 View attachment 67066
Welcome back to the community. There is always somthing new to learn within the forums. My girlfriend and I were planning on moving up to knoxville TN next year in June / July. I have spent 6 years in FL and was raised in NC. I'm itching to get back up North and so is she. Pretty stoked to continue my adventure and meet new people along the way.

Traveler I

Welcome back to the community. There is always somthing new to learn within the forums. My girlfriend and I were planning on moving up to knoxville TN next year in June / July. I have spent 6 years in FL and was raised in NC. I'm itching to get back up North and so is she. Pretty stoked to continue my adventure and meet new people along the way.
You both are going to like Knoxville. We've been here two years and we're enjoying meeting new people, venturing into the woods about a half hour away and spending time on the river. Have you visited Knox?

I was raised in Miami, FL, lived in Michigan and Minnesota within the last 15 years.

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

You both are going to like Knoxville. We've been here two years and we're enjoying meeting new people, venturing into the woods about a half hour away and spending time on the river. Have you visited Knox?

I was raised in Miami, FL, lived in Michigan and Minnesota within the last 15 years.
I grew up in North Carolina. Originally from Connecticut. I have been living in FL since I was 18 years old (6 years) primarily for school and work. --- Yes, we have visited Knoxville and Chattanooga TN. We prefer Knoxville for many reasons. I am a multi-media designer that designs military challenge coins full time. Next year I will be working from my laptop and settling down in Knoxville with my girl and my JKU.

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
Will do. I too am an ERAU grad. Did 26 in USAF. Loved every minute of it. Not a flyer, OSI.

Download Avenza Maps. Its an application for either iphone or android platforms. Search for a place; i.e. Uncompahgre National Forest - Motor Vehicle use Map. Download free map. It will show you all the roads that one can utilize. If the road / path has black dots next to it, then "dispersed camping" is authorized, otherwise no camping in the bush.

There are maps for all the National Forest and a bunch of other places too. They are free. There are other maps that are not free. I use a paper atless to pick a national forest / park or location to see if there is a map for it.

Also get with Security Forces. There are places on the base that you may be able to drive around on. At Little Rock AFB and others they allow deer hunting, so there may be some trails on Columbus. Ask first.

TheBeardedSam

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Norman Park, GA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4OSP
Checking in from Southwest Georgia. New to the community but eager to learn. I use my ‘04 LJ as my DD, but that also includes guiding quail hunting so I’m off-road rain or shine for 6 months out of the year. I travel to the Big Bend of FL often for fishing and duck hunting. Hope to meet up and get out there with you guys.

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Safe travels.
Alex

View attachment 67065 View attachment 67066
Alex, great pics! I am new to overlanding and new to OB. I'm just north of you in Rocky Top, TN. I'm looking for local trails and places to camp. I'd love to hear any recommendations that you may have.

Kenneth Rountree

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

634 North Broad Street, Lenox, GA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KR4LNX
Checking in from Southwest Georgia. New to the community but eager to learn. I use my ‘04 LJ as my DD, but that also includes guiding quail hunting so I’m off-road rain or shine for 6 months out of the year. I travel to the Big Bend of FL often for fishing and duck hunting. Hope to meet up and get out there with you guys.
Hey Sam! I’m just across the Little River in Lenox. Use my 2016 JK as my DD in my appraisal business. I’m an old geezer: My son is an OB member too and is at ABAC with an 09 2dr JK.

Reactions: Ruben Ferran

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VII
Investor

World Traveler III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
Hey y'all. Since we're all snowed in here I decided to finally get around on the forums and get some use out of being a member.
My name is Adam and I'm from a small town called East Bend. Located about 30 minutes outside of Winston Salem, N.C in the foothills.
I enjoy wheeling at uwharrie and outer banks trips like Cape Lookout & Corrolla.
I've been looking to join OB for awhile and after meeting Michael at Overland Expo East, where I was a volunteer, I, along with my best friend, decided to join. We're #15454 & #15455.
Excited to meet all y'all southeast wheelers eventually & connect across the country eventually.
Happy wheelin!
Attached a photo of "Babe" under the 14+ inches of snow we had got so far.IMG_20181209_143834_811.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruben Ferran

Nef

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kingman, AZ, USA
First Name
Harold
Last Name
Malave
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AC2UD
IMG_20181127_165939.jpg I'm nef, currently in central Florida. I have been hitting all the swfwmd sites and will be making my way slowly out west. Always down for some adventure.

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Hey y'all. Since we're all snowed in here I decided to finally get around on the forums and get some use out of being a member.
My name is Adam and I'm from a small town called East Bend. Located about 30 minutes outside of Winston Salem, N.C in the foothills.
I enjoy wheeling at uwharrie and outer banks trips like Cape Lookout & Corrolla.
I've been looking to join OB for awhile and after meeting Michael at Overland Expo East, where I was a volunteer, I, along with my best friend, decided to join. We're #15454 & #15455.
Excited to meet all y'all southeast wheelers eventually & connect across the country eventually.
Happy wheelin!
Attached a photo of "Babe" under the 14+ inches of snow we had got so far.View attachment 78794
Awesome! Glad to have you aboard! Go to the member map to check out who’s around you and go to the calendar to see whys going on around you!

Reactions: BigBlueOx_TRD