Menlo, GA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Law
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB4QXI
What are the frequencies for the net? I don’t know how to get on echolink?
Thanks,
John ‘Cavman’
KB4QXI

Old Goat Adventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Evans, GA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
McCluney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RCR
Service Branch
USAF 1981-2001
What are the frequencies for the net? I don’t know how to get on echolink?
Thanks,
John ‘Cavman’
KB4QXI
Did you ever get any answer? I’d like to jump on that as well. KN4RCR

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
It only operates over the air if you have a local repeater with Echolink you can secure permission to use for the net.

There is a writeup here for using Echolink I believe. It's pretty simple. All you need is a device like a computer or smart device (phone, tablet, ect) and internet access. You can download the program for your computer on the Echolink website or the app from either Google Play or Apple store. Authorization is usually pretty quick and logging on is as simple as a click. Then you simply use standard amateur protocols to talk all over the world.

Reactions: Boppa's Travels

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
It only operates over the air if you have a local repeater with Echolink you can secure permission to use for the net.

There is a writeup here for using Echolink I believe. It's pretty simple. All you need is a device like a computer or smart device (phone, tablet, ect) and internet access. You can download the program for your computer on the Echolink website or the app from either Google Play or Apple store. Authorization is usually pretty quick and logging on is as simple as a click. Then you simply use standard amateur protocols to talk all over the world.
Do you know the node for Friday nite?

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Do you know the node for Friday nite?
All the info can be found in the current thread!

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Did you ever get any answer? I’d like to jump on that as well. KN4RCR
Here's the guide that @Prerunner1982 wrote up on how to connect via EchoLink on your phone: Echolink App (Android)

That's definitely the easiest way to connect. If you are a bit more adept at radio and repeater usage, and you have access and management privileges on a local EchoLink enabled repeater, you can actually connect the repeater itself up to the net as well and then use RF to get in. If you do have access to an echolink enabled repeater, hit me up and I can help you with getting it connected up for the net if you need help. We're always looking for more people who can connect up repeater systems! It makes it even easier for other people in your area to connect for the net.