• HTML tutorial

Zheking

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

planet Earth
Member #

The meet time and location:
March 11th 9am at Dollar General (6361 Hwy 72 E, Gurley, AL 35748)

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hey. Please PM me (and get my cell phone number so we can discuss). I am MOST LIKELY IN! had a tire go down running around the ozarks Friday so just ended up order a new set of Nitto Terra Grapplers. I'll be coming over from Arkansas (roughly 6 hour drive to the start point from me, should be able to make it the friday night before the offical set off). Need to know the end point and potential end time so i can roughly/tenatively plan for monday at work if i need to take off or a half day or whatever. my new(er) winch bumper is coming in TUESDAY, so i MAY OR MAY NOT be winchless, depends on how much time i have to get it mounted up so need to know planned difficulty and stuff. sent you a PM (or convo or whatever). I most certainly WON'T have time to download gaia maps before hand too busy at work but i plan on recording the route. I'll be hustinlin getting new tires mount / balanced and possibly the winch but doubtful but 85%.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrailWhale

TrailWhale

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Lynn Center, IL
Member #

That would be helpful information for me as well if you have room for another truck. It's a 10hr drive to the start point for me but I need to get the boys out of the house for my wife and next weekend would be good (my boys are 2 and 4). Knowing the planned end time would be helpful for the same reasons as above.

JMY24

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Huntsville, AL/Dahlonega, GA
Member #

That would be helpful information for me as well if you have room for another truck. It's a 10hr drive to the start point for me but I need to get the boys out of the house for my wife and next weekend would be good (my boys are 2 and 4). Knowing the planned end time would be helpful for the same reasons as above.

Trails are intermediate. Some lift and tires definitely required. Winches are not. Unfortunately, I have only completed half the trail when we got lost, due to the lack of nav tools at the time. I cannot give you an estimated end time. But one way or another we will get back Sunday night whether we Finnish it or turn around

TrailWhale

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Lynn Center, IL
Member #

Trails are intermediate. Some lift and tires definitely required. Winches are not. Unfortunately, I have only completed half the trail when we got lost, due to the lack of nav tools at the time. I cannot give you an estimated end time. But one way or another we will get back Sunday night whether we Finnish it or turn around

I'll know if I can make it by tomorrow night. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: JMY24

Zheking

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

planet Earth
Member #

Well as the normal roads go Gurley, AL to winchester, TN is 46 miles. I don't imagine the off road route could be more than 100 miles. So it should easily be doable on 1 tank of fuel with no spare, and in the allotted time.

JMY24

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Huntsville, AL/Dahlonega, GA
Member #

For those of you still interested, here is the map from point to point, trailhead to finish. The trail itself starts in Estillfork AL, and ends close to Winchester. Meeting point is the same. Straight line distance is located in the upper left hand corner of the picture

Reactions: Zheking

Zheking

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

planet Earth
Member #

There are certain technical/trickier parts on the trail. Just please don't bring anything one stock everyone. Some lift and tires definitely recommended

Well i have no lift, but i do have new tires. and some armor pieces on the bottom and my breathers extended. hmmmm

TrailWhale

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Lynn Center, IL
Member #

Got a sitter. Got a few more things to firm up but I'm pretty sure we'll make it. Not "stock" as far as normal trucks go. I got 2" lift and 35's as upgrades, with factory front/rear electric lockers, 12k winch and sway bar disconnect. I shouldn't slow progress (until my kids have to pee).

TrailWhale

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Lynn Center, IL
Member #

Roll Call! Wondering how many plan to make it.

No longer bringing wife n kids, just me and my dad for this trip. My wife says the low Saturday is too cold for her n the kids.