Weekend trip Northern AL, Southern TN!

• HTML tutorial

Zheking

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

planet Earth
Member #

Should be. I'm like 90% right now. Depends on if I get my trans/ diffs/ TC fluids changed (as they desperately need to be done) and my brake pads. I don't see any issues as to why I wouldn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMY24

JMY24

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Huntsville, AL/Dahlonega, GA
Member #

Camp Saturday night. Rain or shine. There's apparently a high chance of rain, but it wouldn't be much of an adventure if it was a walk through the park nOw would it?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Zheking

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

planet Earth
Member #

You 100% yet Zehking?
A multitude of reasons compounded upon me last night that dropped me from 90% to 0%.
1. Unfortunately my DD crapped out last night, so I will be dealing with that tonight, instead of changing my fluids like i had planned. Starter issue, not sure if it's the Bendix or what.
2. My dog sitter canceled.

Last thing I need is to break something in AL when my DD is down and have no way to get to/from work. :-/

:-( Looks like I'll have to skip this one and catch the next one.

TrailWhale

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Lynn Center, IL
Member #

A multitude of reasons compounded upon me last night that dropped me from 90% to 0%.
1. Unfortunately my DD crapped out last night, so I will be dealing with that tonight, instead of changing my fluids like i had planned. Starter issue, not sure if it's the Bendix or what.
2. My dog sitter canceled.

Last thing I need is to break something in AL when my DD is down and have no way to get to/from work. :-/

:-( Looks like I'll have to skip this one and catch the next one.
That stinks. I just ended up giving my DD to my dad because he sold his truck so hopefully I keep my truck in running shape this weekend (not to mention the 10 hour drive home I need it for). Don't know what to expect on this trail especially in wet conditions but hopefully I can crawl through obstacles and not bash it too bad. Either way, I'll probably have a great time - wish you coulda made it.

TrailWhale

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Lynn Center, IL
Member #

Down to 4 rigs I believe...

4 rigs will probably be more than enough potential for problems. I'm ready, pretty much finished up loading up besides getting foodstuff and water. Got my spare today, rotated tires and greased driveline. Meeting @ work 1st thing tomorrow then gonna hit the road. Gonna try to be about an hour and a half away before we stop for the night.

TrailWhale

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Lynn Center, IL
Member #

We're all ok, just ended up being on a very difficult trail with sleet, rain and snow inhibiting our ascent out of the creek basin. Honestly we'd probably have been fine if the weather hadn't turned the Alabama (and Tennessee) clay to goo. But it did so we spent 6 plus hours winching. here's a pic when we started. A group called the Rocket City Rock Crawlers was on the trail picking up trash.
IMG_1367.JPG

TrailWhale

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Lynn Center, IL
Member #

Truth be told, it was good to see what my rig could do. I think everybody got to see what their trucks were capable (and not capable) of. The guys that were on our group were excellent and we had good teamwork. We all made it out with no injuries to my knowledge, and everybody's truck drove off under its own power.

I'll keep you all posted if I discover anything on my 9-10 hour drive home today.

Thanks JMY24 for putting this together. It was a great time, in a beautiful area with great terrain.