Wanted: FZJ80 Power antenna 91-97 LC

• HTML tutorial

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Whooooo hooooo! I was perusing the interwebs and saw a guy in Iowa was parting out a FZJ80. I scored a complete working power antenna for $40 clams. The coax was cut but that can be spliced. He hooked it up to a battery and it goes up and down perfect.
I'm a happy camper today, and never left the house.....

Reactions: benmmc

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

I found one a few months back. got a complete working unit for $40.00. only thing is that the coax cable was cut so ill have to make a splice. I should put it in, the weather is getting nice enough now. The "rubber ducky" antenna i have on now, doesn't pull in hardly a thing. I get like 2 stations lol.

FWIW...I guess you can buy a replacement mast and install it. it comes with the mast and the long plastic cable. I tried that route but I messed it up bad. It didn't go in properly and I ended taking the whole kitten caboodle apart. decided to go with a rubber ducky for temporary.

Last edited:
Reactions: WakeUpAndSmellThe80

WakeUpAndSmellThe80

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Minnesota
Member #

I found one a few months back. got a complete working unit for $40.00. only thing is that the coax cable was cut so ill have to make a splice. I should put it in, the weather is getting nice enough now. The "rubber ducky" antenna i have on now, doesn't pull in hardly a thing. I get like 2 stations lol.

FWIW...I guess you can buy a replacement mast and install it. it comes with the mast and the long plastic cable. I tried that route but I messed it up bad. It didn't go in properly and I ended taking the whole kitten caboodle apart. decided to go with a rubber ducky for temporary.
How much do you have to tear apart to get it in?

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Takeoff the nut on top of the fender, and one bolt under the hood. Then pull out the coax cable with the whole assembly. it Seems like most just cut cable at this point. Having sausage fingers dont help.

Now if you just replace the mast, I understand you just pull out the old mast with your hands and someone on the button itll come out. And from what I gather, you feed the new cable in with someone on the button.

I tried but I messed it all up. So I replaced the whole kit and caboodle.

Last edited:
Reactions: RiverCityDave

Scooter1378

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Crofton, MD
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Pedersen
Member #

I had two problems with my power antenna, 94 FJ80. Broken mast and poor radio reception. New/used was to much. I replaced it with a generic GM fixed (non power) one from Autozone. Cleared up the radio reception problem.

By the way re-routing the new cable was a pain. If you do it tape a string to the end (radio side) to help route the new one back behind the dash

Reactions: NorthStar96