Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
WINNERS! - We will be reaching out to get address details! Congrats and thank you from Overland Bound!

1. Craig Trotto - Survival VSSL
2. Joseph Gillott - First Aid VSSL

Overland Bound + VSSL Outdoor Utility Tools = GIVEAWAY TIME. We're giving away the VSSL Supply Flashlight ($109.99) and the VSSL First Aid Flashlight ($66.50)! Each flashlight comes equipped with all the essentials needed for outdoor emergencies, and is the perfect accessory to outfit and explore!

Here's how to enter:
1. Follow @overlandbound and @vsslgear on Instagram
2. Tell us in this forum where you would take your VSSL flashlight

That's it. Follow, Comment. Let's DO this! Winner announced here on Friday, January 1st, 12PM PST! Good luck!

Last edited:

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Those look sweet! I'd love to use them in Northern Minnesota, they'd be especially great in the winter when it's dark for more than half the day.

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

*sigh* Another contest that requires social media. I really wish plugging my life into Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or whatever wasn't required. As cool as this gear is, I'm incredibly disinclined to sign up for an account for a very slim chance of winning it.

Reactions: ShawnR

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Looks pretty rad! To bad I don't use instagram lol.
May just pick one up on payday.
I'd do wonders out here in the spokane area where it gets dark at 3 o'clock in the afternoon lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I posted on Instagram, and I'll add it here as well. Snow will soon be arriving in northern Ohio, and I'd put a VSSL light in my emergency kit in each of our vehicles.

@TreXTerra Don't sign your life away on social media. Create a throwaway email account on Google Mail, and use that to create a fake account on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram. I do that for my various hobbies where I don't want people knowing where I live, or what other personal interests I have. I'm currently at six identities. I don't even have an account on any social media with my real full name or location. :)

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

The thing is that I not only don't care about social media, I don't like it. Studies have shown that people who don't use Facebook and similar sites tend to be happier than people who do.

If you aren't paying for it, you are the product being sold.

Reactions: ShawnR

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Following. As for where I would take it, I'd always have it in my Jeep, especially this time of year with the snow. But I think it would be better served giving it to my daughter who is now in the girl scouts and loves the outdoors. Would be a great tool for her to have on her new journeys.

Lipek

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

I'd keep them in my EDC bag and a toolbox. They'd go everywhere I travel.