• HTML tutorial

SwellRunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Miramar Beach
Member #

Hey everyone!

We're heading out to expo west next week (from Florida) and are planning to hit Moab and/or canyonlands the week prior to the event.

I do have a permit and reservations to the park, but I have no idea what we'll be doing there other than explore!

Is anyone familiar with Canyonlands that might be willing to answer some dumb questions?

Namely:

Are there good (mapped) routes that would be suitable for a lifted 4runner towing a turtleback?

Any idea where I could look to get some ideas as to what we should ensure we see?

Any tips for me seeing that this is my first time to visit the area?

Thanks so much everyone!

Jason

www.youtube.com/SwellRunner

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
You could drive deep into Lockhart Basin but I wouldn't do the last part on the north end solo. Not that it can't be done with your setup.

I am not Canyon Lands expert though. I would do the Moqui Dugout road and Valley of the Gods. Possibly camp there. Look at the Utah Border to Border route for track information.

Not much between VOG and Flagstaff but the Little Colorado is amazing. It requires a permit which you can get in Cameron. Check their hours and sometimes the like to make up new pricing on he spot. Hard to camp on the edge due to winds but amazing. Look at the Arizona Border to Border route for info.

Hope that helps.

SwellRunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Miramar Beach
Member #

You could drive deep into Lockhart Basin but I wouldn't do the last part on the north end solo. Not that it can't be done with your setup.

I am not Canyon Lands expert though. I would do the Moqui Dugout road and Valley of the Gods. Possibly camp there. Look at the Utah Border to Border route for track information.

Not much between VOG and Flagstaff but the Little Colorado is amazing. It requires a permit which you can get in Cameron. Check their hours and sometimes the like to make up new pricing on he spot. Hard to camp on the edge due to winds but amazing. Look at the Arizona Border to Border route for info.

Hope that helps.
Awesome thanks!

www.youtube.com/SwellRunner

Enthusiast I

Brentwood, CA
Member #

Where are you staying? Are you going to be pulling the trailer each day or leaving it at camp? Also, which district in Canyonlands? It's a huge park. What difficulty of trails are you looking for? Are you going to Arches as well? I have answers but need to narrow it down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Stop by the visitors center in town, talk to the local folks there, get a few maps, there's lot of good places to go.
Lockhart is for the adventurous, especially with a Turtleback, but if you have experience, that's beautiful.

There's a lot to see!