Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Lueker
Member #

Sharing a few images from our recent overland trip from Virginia to Colorado, Utah, and Nevada.

I added a small drone to my photographic arsenal days before the trip, but I used it more as a flying selfie stick than the movie camera that it is. Interestingly, I found myself reaching for my iPhone far more than my camera this trip. The images seemed to be just as good for what they were (a personal travel log) and it was just far more more convenient.

DJI_0038.jpegIMG_7910.jpegIMG_8038.jpegDJI_0101.jpegDJI_0115-b.jpegDJI_0153.jpegDJI_0169.jpegDJI_0201.jpegDJI_0217.jpegDJI_231.jpeg

• North of Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP, CO
  • Near the top of Imogene Pass, CO
  • Heading down Ophir Pass, CO
  • Fins and Things jeep trail, UT
  • Shafer Trail just east of Canyonlands NP, UT
  • More Shafer Trail
  • Cedar City, UT
  • Milford, UT
  • Silver Lake, UT
  • Country Road 134, Agate, CO

Last edited:

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Stunning landscape and great scenery! Thanks for sharing these amazing photos!

Reactions: Pith Dude

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Sharing a few images from our recent overland trip from Virginia to Colorado, Utah, and Nevada.

I added a small drone to my photographic arsenal days before the trip, but I used it more as a flying selfie stick than the movie camera that it is. Interestingly, I found myself reaching for my iPhone far more than my camera this trip. The images seemed to be just as good for what they were (a personal travel log) and it was just far more more convenient.

View attachment 171451View attachment 171452View attachment 171453View attachment 171454View attachment 171455View attachment 171459View attachment 171456View attachment 171457
Inspiring! Thank you for sharing!

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Great pics! Hope to meet you at a northern VA get together at some point.

Last edited:

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
We traversed the shafer road/trail 10 years ago, 7 years ago and two years ago. Because my wife loves me, and because she knew she’d not only be denying me the intense pleasure of the entire white rim trail, but denying herself that experience as well, overcame her fear of heights. Now she wants to go everywhere our Landcruiser will take us. Really none of my business, but are you married to the right gal?
i hate you ! my wife won't let me go thru share trail , this is how close i get :weary:View attachment 172356

samuraj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

chicago
First Name
adam
Last Name
adam
Member #

:laughing::laughing: later we did little off imogene pass , and she says we are doing shaffer pass next year !!!!

dano4322

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Columbus, OH, USA
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Oancea
Member #

We traversed the shafer road/trail 10 years ago, 7 years ago and two years ago. Because my wife loves me, and because she knew she’d not only be denying me the intense pleasure of the entire white rim trail, but denying herself that experience as well, overcame her fear of heights. Now she wants to go everywhere our Landcruiser will take us. Really none of my business, but are you married to the right gal?
So you did White Rim Road recently? I'm in the very early stages of planning a trip out that way right now. You mind if I send a barrage of questions your way?

Reactions: MOAK