Launch Member

Contributor I

Richmond Virginia
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Madren
Member #

Bluestone Overland is out on another adventure in Shenandoah Valley Virginia. Union Springs is one of our hometown trails just outside of Harrisonburg VA in the George Washington National Forest. The trail starts at Springs Run Road and ends at Flagpole Knob.

Click below for the GPX and more BSO information!

Join the conversation at

Get Social

I’m planning a trip to flagpole knob I. November.

init6Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shenandoah, VA, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
VDP
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBL679
If you get one you should buy a DJI mavic. cheap drones aren’t worth the money and are a lot harder to fly.
We have the skydio R1, its awesome. and flys on its own!
the R2 just came out and they came down in price.

Reactions: thejeepgeek

Eric W.

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Wallace
Member #

I did 6 days in the George Washington National Forest. I'm still very much a noob in regard to creating video, but this is what I put together:

Awesome! As much as I think I know my way around the GWNF I couldn't place where you were.

Reactions: Kevin108

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

Awesome! As much as I think I know my way around the GWNF I couldn't place where you were.
Flagpole Knob area.

"watched a couple movies" - awesome! Anytime a grown man has time to watch a movie or two you know he's relaxing
I'm almost always relaxed when I'm in the woods. It's definitely where I go to get away.

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

My best friend @Jacob Arici and I, live in Virginia Beach, if this thread is still active?
We're looking to find some experienced people to meet up with
Welcome to the both of you!

This thread is a little active.

That said.... post up in any of the Virginia threads. That way you can network some and also see and hear if any outings/trips come up.

What kind of experience are you looking for, off road or camping/Overland?? Just asking to get a feel for what ya want to get into.

I am out of Richmond, but post in, and keep tabs on the NOVA (Northern Va.) thread. That one has the most discussion movement. Just throwing that out there.

Anyway, Bill’s the name. Hope to see you all out there.

Reactions: Mehdi.koch

Mehdi.koch

Rank V
Launch Member

World Traveler III

Virginia Beach, VA, USA
First Name
Mehdi
Last Name
Koch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUK535
Welcome to the both of you!

This thread is a little active.

That said.... post up in any of the Virginia threads. That way you can network some and also see and hear if any outings/trips come up.

What kind of experience are you looking for, off road or camping/Overland?? Just asking to get a feel for what ya want to get into.

I am out of Richmond, but post in, and keep tabs on the NOVA (Northern Va.) thread. That one has the most discussion movement. Just throwing that out there.

Anyway, Bill’s the name. Hope to see you all out there.
Mainly Camping/Overland. Nothing too extravagant. @Jacob and I were planning a trip in a year or two to Baja California. SN, does flagpole knob require higher clearance or can we get by with standard suspension?

Reactions: Hafaday

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Mainly Camping/Overland. Nothing too extravagant. @Jacob and I were planning a trip in a year or two to Baja California. SN, does flagpole knob require higher clearance or can we get by with standard suspension?
Sorry about the late reply. On call and paged out.

Flag pole has 3 different ways to get there. They range from easy, not bad and the fun way.. Fun way meaning, possible small drag marks on the skid plate Depending on what you are in and the weather. I’ve known a few to get some small body damage when its rainy or snowy out.

The easy way is up via Briery Branch rd (rt. 924). This is a hard ball rd. Then turn right on to FR85. Which will take you down to Flag Pole.

The slightly rougher way is from 33. Then up Switzer Lake rd. Which changes into Dunkle Hollow rd. This can be done in a stock vehicle as well, just a little rougher.

The fun way... depending on stock vehicle you might have some issues, might not.

I’d post links in google maps but working off my phone right now.