Virginia Overlander

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Charles City, VA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRCJ633
New guy here. I'm still researching rigs so don't have anything that fits the mold but a Ram 1500 (unfortunately 4x2) but I would love to stop by and try and pick up as much info as I can.
Welcome. Dont let the fact you dont have a 4X4 stand in your way. Just have an LSD rear and if you go off road go with someone that has a good recovery rig.

Reactions: Highyellow

Aceconvoy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Phillips
Member #

New guy here. I'm still researching rigs so don't have anything that fits the mold but a Ram 1500 (unfortunately 4x2) but I would love to stop by and try and pick up as much info as I can.
A 4X2 with the right tires is extremely capable. Though I’m in the same boat. I have my daily Subaru and a Project Bronco that I plan to use as my adventure and travel rig.

Reactions: Highyellow

Highyellow

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Virginia
A 4X2 with the right tires is extremely capable. Though I’m in the same boat. I have my daily Subaru and a Project Bronco that I plan to use as my adventure and travel rig.
What tires would you recommend? I’m a complete newbie to this!

At this point I would just be trying to get some experience in.

thejeepgeek

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chantilly, VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Awesome, I will keep an eye out for any meetups or events in the New Year and hope to meet everybody. I found the NOVA meetup thread in the forum. Still trying to get my bearings. haha

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Welcome @Jakeapclyps! This may be one of the threads you are looking for. There’s a separate ‘Maryland’ one but as long as you’re in the east region you’re good to go.

Keep an eye on the calendar for events being planned and feel free to join the Overland Bound East group on Facebook. We have some fun things coming up and I look forward to hopefully meeting you. Feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions.

Jakeapclyps

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Gordo
Welcome @Jakeapclyps! This may be one of the threads you are looking for. There’s a separate ‘Maryland’ one but as long as you’re in the east region you’re good to go.

Keep an eye on the calendar for events being planned and feel free to join the Overland Bound East group on Facebook. We have some fun things coming up and I look forward to hopefully meeting you. Feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions.
Much appreciated!! Looking forward to meeting and exploring!

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

init6Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shenandoah, VA, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
VDP
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBL679
VA OLB meet up, is a great idea... Maybe we could do a Google Meet Bi-Monthly and plan trips from there. Something that happens on the same time and meet every 2 weeks? Might be easier for such a huge state with members all over.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

init6Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shenandoah, VA, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
VDP
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBL679
I was also thinking that maybe we set up a Slack Workspace for VAOverland. What do you guys think?