Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I was also thinking that maybe we set up a Slack Workspace for VAOverland. What do you guys think?
That can make it hard for folks to join in and be able to easily search for meet-ups and events.

We had a guy show up to our meetup Sunday that just searched online for offroad gatherings and found a link to the meet-up thread here. I don't think he'd ever been on the board or joined OB. I thought that was really cool.

If you are looking for notifications, just subscribe to the threads that trips are discussed in and you'll get emails telling you when things are posted.

There's also the East region Facebook page you can join and get notifications of that too.

init6Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shenandoah, VA, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
VDP
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBL679
Well we can use the slack public URL so anyone can join it. I also think we should post the google meets on the calendar, and make them public as well. Things get lost in the threads and if you are new, you have to read every post to figure out what is going on. The Forum is also mixed with other information. I feel that Slack would be great not only for planning events but also great for day to day coms and work out well during an event. Just a thought.

We can also stream the google meets live on YouTube so if you just want to watch or cant make it and watch it later you can.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Well we can use the slack public URL so anyone can join it. I also think we should post the google meets on the calendar, and make them public as well. Things get lost in the threads and if you are new, you have to read every post to figure out what is going on. The Forum is also mixed with other information. I feel that Slack would be great not only for planning events but also great for day to day coms and work out well during an event. Just a thought.

We can also stream the google meets live on YouTube so if you just want to watch or cant make it and watch it later you can.
You can set up recurring meetups in Rally Point. Doing this will also create a thread just for those meetups so everything stays organized. I'd be happy to help set that up if you're interested. Lmk.

ECHAIL

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Virginia Beach, VA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Hailey
Member #

Hey, do we have a place to meet up yet?

I like Richmond area personally( short drive from VA Beach); maybe up past RVA a bit would include more people?
I’m thinking like Charlottesville area, plus it would be a good rally point for quick weekend trips to the Mountains.

Either way is a win for me, I’m exited to get out and meet everyone!

Reactions: sabjku

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

Hey, do we have a place to meet up yet?

I like Richmond area personally( short drive from VA Beach); maybe up past RVA a bit would include more people?
I’m thinking like Charlottesville area, plus it would be a good rally point for quick weekend trips to the Mountains.

Either way is a win for me, I’m exited to get out and meet everyone!
Would be great to change venue every month or so. We had some good conversation, but it kinda stopped. It’s getting nice out, how bout end of March. In Richmond/Ashland area?

ECHAIL

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Virginia Beach, VA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Hailey
Member #

Would be great to change venue every month or so. We had some good conversation, but it kinda stopped. It’s getting nice out, how bout end of March. In Richmond/Ashland area?
End of March would be cool, Richmond is on the way. I’m planning a trip up to camp with some family that have not ever been camping to test out my new tent and trailer I’m working on; it would be nice to meet some fellow explorers on the way. We are planning an easy trip up and we’re thinking of the Cove campground for base camp.

Know any trails up there? I’m running pretty close to stock TRD Tundra, and have not tested on any trails yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Zombie

Local Expert Virginia, USA
Investor

Advocate III

Richmond, VA USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZTU
End of March would be cool, Richmond is on the way. I’m planning a trip up to camp with some family that have not ever been camping to test out my new tent and trailer I’m working on; it would be nice to meet some fellow explorers on the way. We are planning an easy trip up and we’re thinking of the Cove campground for base camp.

Know any trails up there? I’m running pretty close to stock TRD Tundra, and have not tested on any trails yet.
I think Peter's Mill Run OHV trails are close-ish to the Cove Campground.

Reactions: ECHAIL