Vegas?!

• HTML tutorial

Tundraoverland1

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas
Member #

I normally head up near Duck Creek to get up in the mountains, but I heard they have some crazy amounts of snow right now with more coming at the end of the week. I would also look more into where they are with the landslide in Zion.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/01/16/rock-slide-closes-2-miles-zion-national-park-scenic-drive.html
yea i saw that on the news. and yea from what i hear and see they have been getting hit hard with snow and we leave friday.
the place we are staying is actually in hurrican,UT at a cabin my family rented for the weekend. just wasnt sure if there was anything to check out while up there as it will be my 1st time

onetonsub

Rank III

Advocate I

yea i saw that on the news. and yea from what i hear and see they have been getting hit hard with snow and we leave friday.
the place we are staying is actually in hurrican,UT at a cabin my family rented for the weekend. just wasnt sure if there was anything to check out while up there as it will be my 1st time
Hurricane is right next to sand hollow state park. Tons of great wheeling around there. Hell you could head out to toroweap overlook for a day trip.

.shark.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

I'm going to do LRR Saturday morning in hopes of finding snow with the kid. Hopefully leave around 9:00 am and my run up to the hotel or lodge for lunch when done.
Probably won't see too much snow running LRR. Now if you hit angel peak or robbers roost up there you'll definitely have some snow to mess around in!

theick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Las Vegas
Member #

Probably won't see too much snow running LRR. Now if you hit angel peak or robbers roost up there you'll definitely have some snow to mess around in!
Yeah i'm just taking the long route for the fun. We'll head up Kyle Canyon to throw snowballs after.

.shark.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Still have a few things to address because the company I purchased the parts from is having shipping issues, but none the less I got my stuff on and ran Morman wells rd.

Coilovers worked better than I thought and are super super smooth over the rougher stuff, couldn't be happier with the amount of lift which was right at 3" even.

Reactions: onetonsub

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Still have a few things to address because the company I purchased the parts from is having shipping issues, but none the less I got my stuff on and ran Morman wells rd.

Coilovers worked better than I thought and are super super smooth over the rougher stuff, couldn't be happier with the amount of lift which was right at 3" even.
Did you have a white JK and black TJ catch up to you on trail?

.shark.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Yea we had a gentleman and his wife in a black TJ catch up at the recovery spot for the white f150 I was helping. The only Jeep not seen in those pictures was the black TJ

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Yea we had a gentleman and his wife in a black TJ catch up at the recovery spot for the white f150 I was helping. The only Jeep not seen in those pictures was the black TJ
Ah, I missed the date on this. A few weeks ago Greg and I ran into a group of very similar vehicles in very similar conditions (sunny and 6-12" of snow) on a run through Mormon Wells.

theick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Las Vegas
Member #

Looks good. Did you do tires too or did you manage to stuff those before the lift?

.shark.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nice winch mount! I was thinking about adding one on my X if I don't decide not to go with the Shrockworks front bumper armor. Is that a Black Widow mount?
It's the mount from PRG actually! I eventually plan to get the hefty aluminum front but that'll down the road a bit so I figured until then go this route!