Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southside, TN, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
Bud
Member #

Hey everyone. New to Vegas and wanting to get plugged into a group so I can learn about trails in the area. I’m in the Summerlin area (gf is moving there on the 4th of June and I’ll be back in the country in September). I have a ‘18 4Runner (@az_adventur4r on insta). [emoji869]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

LVCoffeeguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

North Las Vegas, Nevada
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Monson
Member #

Hey everybody, we are kinda new to the Las Vegas area and still trying to get some close by places to go for a afternoon/evening drive and also to do some camping. Any suggestions would be great. Looks like it’s been pretty quiet for the last little bit on this thread. I’d love to see where all of the action is.

Patrick -
98 Mercedes ML320

LVCoffeeguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

North Las Vegas, Nevada
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Monson
Member #

Ok LV overlanders - it’s looking like we have plenty of old and new faces that we should try and do a meet up at Mormon Wells or something similar. Who is interested?

Reactions: Boulderex

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Ok LV overlanders - it’s looking like we have plenty of old and new faces that we should try and do a meet up at Mormon Wells or something similar. Who is interested?
I'd be interested. Going to be gone for the last half of July, but open to a trip before or after that.

Reactions: LVCoffeeguy

Anywaythere

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey everyone. New to Vegas and wanting to get plugged into a group so I can learn about trails in the area. I’m in the Summerlin area (gf is moving there on the 4th of June and I’ll be back in the country in September). I have a ‘18 4Runner (@az_adventur4r on insta). [emoji869]

I'm in the Summerlin area as well, and also just moved here from Ahwatukee!

Reactions: TN_4Runner

Overland_Mike

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Adams County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Balasko
Member #

Hello, since this thread got revived I wanted to make sure I posed this here to:

The first meet location has been secured. We are going to meet at 4 Kegs Sports Bar on 276 N Jones Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89107.
We tried to make it as central-ish as possible, but after 20 phone calls we settled on close to a freeway:)

Patrick and I are working on finding permanent home that has the ability to display content on a projector screen/TV so we can do education etc.
If there are ideas from the group, we are all ears!

In Progress:
Discuss trails to maintain/adopt. (Working with the USFS on getting a chainsaw class together - Red Cross CPRFirst Aid Class required, details to be presented.) I am taking the Red Cross class on the 27th of June. https://www.redcross.org/take-a-cla...gitude=-115.1398296&zipcode=&searchtype=class

Education ideas:
Ham/GPS
Recovery
Camp Cookin'
Gear Review

Look for a Rally Point and also a FB event if you are member of the Overland Bound West FB page.

Lastly PLEASE fill out the Group Survey! - (We have 12 responses already, and for those that indicated you were interesting in teaching/sharing, please inbox me so we can discuss details) - https://goo.gl/forms/6qucaQPfs7DyWzuF3

Thank you all!

Michael

rhuff

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hello, since this thread got revived I wanted to make sure I posed this here to:

The first meet location has been secured. We are going to meet at 4 Kegs Sports Bar on 276 N Jones Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89107.
We tried to make it as central-ish as possible, but after 20 phone calls we settled on close to a freeway:)

Patrick and I are working on finding permanent home that has the ability to display content on a projector screen/TV so we can do education etc.
If there are ideas from the group, we are all ears!

In Progress:
Discuss trails to maintain/adopt. (Working with the USFS on getting a chainsaw class together - Red Cross CPRFirst Aid Class required, details to be presented.) I am taking the Red Cross class on the 27th of June. https://www.redcross.org/take-a-cla...gitude=-115.1398296&zipcode=&searchtype=class

Education ideas:
Ham/GPS
Recovery
Camp Cookin'
Gear Review

Look for a Rally Point and also a FB event if you are member of the Overland Bound West FB page.

Lastly PLEASE fill out the Group Survey! - (We have 12 responses already, and for those that indicated you were interesting in teaching/sharing, please inbox me so we can discuss details) - https://goo.gl/forms/6qucaQPfs7DyWzuF3

Thank you all!

Michael
Confirming time. Still 7 PM? Hoping to be there as close to 7 as possible.

Tangovino

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

Hello Las Vegas! I just joined and it will take me awhile to come up to speed with this forum. Please be patient. I've been in Vegas since 1975 and have some familiarity with the local as well not-so local areas. Look forward to crossing other member's paths.

Franco

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone. Just purchased a 2003 4runner and am looking at getting into overlanding. Very knew to the whole off-roading thing in general.