VagabondExpedition Build

• HTML tutorial

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

Too many build threads on the go everywhere! And here's to starting another one.
I'll take some time and attempt to post a few of my key build features, or at least a summary of the build to date.
For those interested in reviewing what I've got, and what I've done up until now, jump over to my blog for a bit of a review! www.VagabondExpedition.com - specifics of the build can be found here.

Looking to explore with me? Check out the "trips" section of Overland Bound... my collection is here.

Last edited:

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound. Also, build looks great. I'll make time to look through your build thread here later.

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

Did you have to change out the hood latches to install the limb risers?
My hood latches are still OEM - the Smittybilt limb riser kit has pieces that just fit under the existing hood latch. It's an easy 5 minute installation. 10mm wrench required I believe. Now, the upper mounts can be riveted into the door frame, or if you're running a roof rack, it's up to you to come up with a way to connect up there. I'll have more details up on my blog and here in a few days.

Reactions: ShawnR

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

More decals:

(Actually ended up removing the fire extinguisher decal from this location).

Ram ball on my rear view mirror:

shown with a gopro facing rear - but the RAM products are so versatile you can position it however you want and lock it into place.

Gnasher_PNW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Graham, Washington
Member #

More decals:

shown with a gopro facing rear - but the RAM products are so versatile you can position it however you want and lock it into place.
Great photo's!

Love the look of those decals.

Interesting location for your Go-Pro mount. Should be a great spot for open areas, or at least not too enclosed by brush and such.

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

Great photo's!

Love the look of those decals.

Interesting location for your Go-Pro mount. Should be a great spot for open areas, or at least not too enclosed by brush and such.

It has been working well -- I haven't been on my significant excursions yet to put together any footage - but it's nice having complete control over an externally mounted camera there...

It also works for a DSLR - although I wouldn't drive with it mounted. I can use the Jeep as a wildlife blind and remotely trigger the camera via tablet/phone.

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

What are you using to do that trick? I've got a Nikon wireless remote for mine, and use the TriggerTrap wired app on my phone, but don't know of a wireless phone solution.
Wifi on the camera with the nikon app... the camera you see mounted is the d3200 - so I'd have to use the wireless remote, or app on the phone to trigger via infrared - but my now main camera (D750) can run via wifi.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Well, I guess I have that capability, as I bought a D750 in January, replacing my D200. Just haven't looked at all the features of it yet.

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

More decals:

Where did you find the decals? I'm looking for some? Rig is looking awesome!

Cappy 410