VagabondExpedition Build

• HTML tutorial

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

Curious about what most of you take/keep in your vehicle for tools? It always seems a challenge to take the right things, but not double up on what is unnecessary, or to leave the necessary items at home.

Here's the bulk of what I currently carry. As I mention in the video, I carry a few extra nuts/bolts/washers. Far too often have I seen a trail repair needed on someone's vehicle, and they have all the tools they need, but no 'spare parts'.

Reactions: khorsa and Jimmy P

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

It's not a vehicle specific piece of gear, but wow, this portable LED light is really great. It's got all the features I could ask for light long battery life, USB chargeable, USB charging (for your phone/etc), color temps, dimmable and "mountable".

Check out the video and see my thoughts and how I'm using it.

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

I've had a couple of mechanical problems with the Jeep over the summer of 2017. I don't consider that too bad. It's a 2012 with almost 130,000km now. Varied use from highway to offroad, and of course, carrying heavy loads with all the overlanding gear.

Anyway, I posted this video up on YouTube a while back but forgot to post it here to share. This is "Crickets in the Jeep". Problem has been fixed, and I'll post an update video here after too. Maybe, just maybe you have noises in your Overland rig and they sound familiar - so stayed tuned to do some extra diagnostics!

Reactions: Homeguy

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

A few days ago, the Jeep went back in for the final round of repairs for 2017. A new front track bar (heavy duty Rubicon Express) and while in the shop, I installed some longer rear sway bar links too. The ones that had been on the Jeep all this time were still OEM and therefore not very long. I've had the front sway bar flip on me quite some time ago while on a trail, and didn't think much of the rear - but with some early 2017 modifications to the rear suspension, the rear sway bar was sitting at -27.5 degrees when the Jeep was level and that seemed to almost negate the Hellwig heavy duty anti sway bar I had installed. Some new rear sway bar links put me at -7 degrees now and highway handling has been drastically improved.

Reactions: Homeguy

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

It's well into winter here where I currently am, so the adventures and jeep mods slow to a crawl... well, for the most part anyway. I do have something exciting planned and my unofficial countdown is on. I'll make an announcement when I know the adventure is "good-to-go". In the mean time, I need to putter around with a few build changes.

In this video I take a look at the Rightline Gear "Roll Bar Bag". It's a quick unboxing, installation and initial thoughts. Camera froze up on this recording too. I'll revisit the 'review' component in warmer conditions.