Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Hey everyone! So I wanted an opinion from you all. So this coming meetup... would everyone prefer breakfast or lunch? It seems the breakfast option doesn’t cater to a lot of people. Thoughts?

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Well, then let’s do lunch. It’ll be a nice change of pace and gives people ample time to be awake for the meetup. Hahaha!

I’ll post the location soon!

Reactions: Levine98

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
Are these meetups for anyone? I’m new to the community and looking to pick some brains on the best way to get into overlanding.
yes absolutely!
Although I’m on an overlanding trip to the deserts of South Texas right now I can say that we welcome everyone. It’s the best way to find out how to get into it.

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Hey everyone, so I would like to apologize for the confusion with the meetups. I have recently only been posting in this thread and not making a Rally Point. This however hinders people from seeing an actual event created and only using the forum post as info for the meetups. I will be correcting this issue. So from now on, there will be a posting in this thread itself confirming that we will be having the meetup, and I will also create a Rally Point so that you may rsvp the event.

Thanks again to all that came out to this recent event! I hope to grow this into THE RVA meetup for overlanding! Future events are going to be awesome. I have some great trips planned as well, so please look out for those!

To make that announcement, we will be having a trip this coming weekend out to the Canaan Loop Trail and other parts of Monongahela NF. If you're free Friday through Sunday, please join us for an epic adventure!

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Good evening everyone! So... the May meetup details!

We will be meeting Saturday, May 29th. The meetup location will be Blue Mountain Brewery in Afton, VA. 9519 Critzers Shop Rd, Afton, VA 22920 United States

It's Memorial weekend, and I figured what a better time to plan a meetup along with a camping trip! We will be camping for 2 nights. Saturday - Monday... if anybody wants to stay just one night, that is perfectly fine. Plan is to meet up at Blue Mountain Brewery around noonish, have lunch, then hit the trails and find camp. This event will be a bring your own food / beverages. If I get a confirmed headcount before hand, we can plan a group meal one night.

This event will be posted in a Rally Point, so please rsvp if you can make it out!

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

So, due to the rain and bad timing with the holiday weekend, unfortunately I have to cancel this meetup. We will try to reschedule for next weekend however.

There will be a new location and time posted shortly!

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

So... the meetup last weekend was cancelled due to bad timing and it being Memorial Weekend. I had a lot of feedback stating that I don't put out the Rally Points far out enough for people to take plans. My apologies... I am a spur of the moment when it comes to camping and going out, so that is transferring over to this, which is an issue. I will plan to make the Rally Points and posts at least 2 weeks in advance from now on. So anyway, without further adieu, the details for this meet!

For this meetup, we will be gathering at Hardywood West Creek. 820 Sanctuary Trail DrRichmond, VA 23238United States

Meetup will be Saturday, June 5th @ 12pm which is right at opening time. We will enjoy a few beverages and I believe there are always food trucks if at least just one, so food is available. Around 2pm, I plan to roll out and head to one of my secret camping areas. If anybody would like to join me, please feel free! I was dying to go out last weekend, but the rain here in VA destroyed those hopes and dreams. So... beers, food, camping, more beers and food. What can go wrong?!

Hope to see you all there and if you have any questions, please let me know!

- Foamy

Reactions: hfd376

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Next meetup will be held on June 19th, 2021 @ 12:00pm. We will be meeting at Blue Mountain Brewery in Afton, VA. Join us at one of the best breweries around the mountains. They have beer, good food and a great atmosphere! After lunch we will be heading to Crabtree Falls for a hike and then camping overnight at the campground nearby.