SwampFox

Rank II

Contributor III

Conyers, GA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Stevenson
Curious about how technical the trails are in this area. I don\'t have that much experience and my rig is definitely not expedition built yet. Stock 4Runner with stock lift and AT tires. Thanks!
Most of the trails are easily passable in a stock rig on dry days. The trails and several of the hill climbs are clay and become slick especially with a heavy rain. Stay off the front side of the Daniel trail.

Reactions: wcblanco

wcblanco

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Asheville, Buncombe County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Chaves
Member #

Curious about how technical the trails are in this area. I don\'t have that much experience and my rig is definitely not expedition built yet. Stock 4Runner with stock lift and AT tires. Thanks!
Most of the trails are easily passable in a stock rig on dry days. The trails and several of the hill climbs are clay and become slick especially with a heavy rain. Stay off the front side of the Daniel trail.
Thanks for the response!

Reactions: SwampFox

Greg767

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Hollywood, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Collette
Member #

Service Branch
United States Navy
This would be for one night at the campground and up to two more “on the road”? Or would this be base camping and doing day trips out and back each night? We are in Charleston area and considering coming up for this trip right before we head over to Overland Expo East.

wcblanco

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Warren
Last Name
Chaves
Member #

Greg, I believe this is setting up base camp at Arrowhead and day trips into Uwharrie to hit the trails.

This would be for one night at the campground and up to two more “on the road”? Or would this be base camping and doing day trips out and back each night? We are in Charleston area and considering coming up for this trip right before we head over to Overland Expo East.

Reactions: Greg767

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Hey Greg,
I'm heading to expo east on Wednesday. When are you heading that way?

Greg767

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Hollywood, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Collette
Member #

Service Branch
United States Navy
We am still trying to firm up plans but my thoughts for now are to camp in the area a week out. Stay in a hotel the night prior to Expo and then camp on the grounds for the event. We are based out of Charleston and plan to make this a major fall loop / event for us.

wcblanco

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Warren
Last Name
Chaves
Member #

I’ll be heading up on Friday from Asheville and camping at the event.
We am still trying to firm up plans but my thoughts for now are to camp in the area a week out. Stay in a hotel the night prior to Expo and then camp on the grounds for the event. We are based out of Charleston and plan to make this a major fall loop / event for us.

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
I have to leave Burnsville on Wednesday. I volunteered for a few hrs Thursday and Friday. Will be camping inside as well.

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Booked spot 008. Look forward to meeting you all.
Thought about booking site 10, but after talking to "Rust problem " and "aka.kletus", we're going to primitive camp down near the river Friday night, the catch up with the rest on Sat morning. Just need to find the start point/ time from @Apdski. We'll have coms.

Apdski

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
D
Member #

@Jeffrey Dill ,@danwyandt ,@wcblanco ,@Greg767 ,@SwampFox ,@Eventyr_jt ,@THorner ,@Rust Problem @aka.Kletus

Unfortunately I am going to have to change my plans slightly for this event. Our parents were supposed to throw my wife and I a baby shower this past weekend which had to be canceled beause my brother, his wife and I came down with covid (we are all doing better now thankfully). The shower has now been rescheduled for the Saturday of the trip weekend (10/1). So Im going to have to dip out of uwharrie Satuday morning to make it back to Raleigh in time to be ready and what not. My new plan is to take a half day from work Friday (9/30) and get some wheeling in Friday afternoon and evening. I realize not everyone can make it there earlier Friday, but if you can you are welcome to tag along. Still looking forward to it, see yall then.

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
@Jeffrey Dill ,@danwyandt ,@wcblanco ,@Greg767 ,@SwampFox ,@Eventyr_jt ,@THorner ,@Rust Problem @aka.Kletus

Unfortunately I am going to have to change my plans slightly for this event. Our parents were supposed to throw my wife and I a baby shower this past weekend which had to be canceled beause my brother, his wife and I came down with covid (we are all doing better now thankfully). The shower has now been rescheduled for the Saturday of the trip weekend (10/1). So Im going to have to dip out of uwharrie Satuday morning to make it back to Raleigh in time to be ready and what not. My new plan is to take a half day from work Friday (9/30) and get some wheeling in Friday afternoon and evening. I realize not everyone can make it there earlier Friday, but if you can you are welcome to tag along. Still looking forward to it, see yall then.
That's what you get for deciding to have a child. :tonguewink::laughing:

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
I can't get there any earlier than about 4ish. Still got the work thing, and it's nearly 3hrs from here.