US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Not a big deal but when trying to add the rally point to my calendar (from the button in the rally point page) it still shows the previous rally point info.

@Fortis Overland not sure if depends on the setup you did or it’s a platform bug.

FR33DOM

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
McLeish
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1MMC
Service Branch
USAF
Start time 10:00am? Thought we talked about trying to get to an 8:00 or 9:00 start but I don't recall if a final decision was made. RP shows 10:00 as of today.

Reactions: mountainrecce

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

All,

Please see updates to the Rally Point. We'll focus on the trail ride this go-around and then stop in Woodland Park/COS for lunch afterwards. The plan will be to take Dakan Road from the North side, and travel south down to Rainbow Falls.

Please note the time change as well.

OBCO Meetup

FR33DOM

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
McLeish
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1MMC
Service Branch
USAF
All,

Please see updates to the Rally Point. We'll focus on the trail ride this go-around and then stop in Woodland Park/COS for lunch afterwards. The plan will be to take Dakan Road from the North side, and travel south down to Rainbow Falls.

Please note the time change as well.

OBCO Meetup
Sounds great—thanks for the updates!

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I'm not sure if I want to start a thread on this or just discuss things first, but I thought I would put this out to our group this next meeting, my wife and I are planning on doing a 3 nights - 4 days in the San Juan's July 23rd-26th Not sure of what trails (route) we will do yet. With my wife riding along on the majority of them I want to keep it as tame as possible (she has trouble with shelf roads as it is). I will do recearch and take suggestions so we can plan something that works for those who want to go.
I thought it would be good to get people who are interested in this as much advance notice as possible.

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

I\'m not sure if I want to start a thread on this or just discuss things first, but I thought I would put this out to our group this next meeting, my wife and I are planning on doing a 3 nights - 4 days in the San Juan\'s July 23rd-26th Not sure of what trails (route) we will do yet. With my wife riding along on the majority of them I want to keep it as tame as possible (she has trouble with shelf roads as it is). I will do recearch and take suggestions so we can plan something that works for those who want to go.
I thought it would be good to get people who are interested in this as much advance notice as possible.
Hey @JDGreens, you can always create a rally point event if you want to start inviting people. Otherwise, we can talk it over as a group next Saturday!

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Gents, it looks like our monthly trail rides are gaining some popularity. @mountainrecce - we should probably start working out a plan for if we see a large group show up, with how many vehicles we'd like in a convoy and who we want taking point in each.

Excited to get out with the group again!

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

I also realized that I constrained the group to 10 rigs. If you wanted to RSVP but were unable to before, please go and do that when you can. Thanks!

mountainrecce

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, CO 80920, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Edwards
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0VGV
Gents, it looks like our monthly trail rides are gaining some popularity. @mountainrecce - we should probably start working out a plan for if we see a large group show up, with how many vehicles we'd like in a convoy and who we want taking point in each.

Excited to get out with the group again!
No worries, a good drivers brief should take care of most of that. I would recommend no more than 5 vehicles with about 20 minutes apart. The lead crew can pick a spot somewhere along the way that everyone can link back up at...probably crossing RRR. Main points will be a slower paced driver up front, experience in the back and radios in each crew that can reach between 20 minute gap.

Fearless

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Eagle and Denver Colorado
First Name
Donna
Last Name
Spinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KTØCAT
I downloaded the GPX and it seems to only show the meeting location, not the whole ride. Am I doing something wrong?

Fearless

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Donna
Last Name
Spinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KTØCAT
I downloaded the GPX and it seems to only show the meeting location, not the whole ride. Am I doing something wrong?

Fearless

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Donna
Last Name
Spinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KTØCAT

mountainrecce

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, CO 80920, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Edwards
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0VGV
Are you selecting the “Save GPX” button or trying to open in Google Maps or Google Earth? It seems to download the .gpx file for me, then I can open in Gaia. I don’t believe Google Maps or Google Earth support .gpx without some third party add-on.

Fearless

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Donna
Last Name
Spinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KTØCAT
Are you selecting the “Save GPX” button or trying to open in Google Maps or Google Earth? It seems to download the .gpx file for me, then I can open in Gaia. I don’t believe Google Maps or Google Earth support .gpx without some third party add-on.
When I open it in Gaia on my Mac, I see the trail, but when I AirDrop the GPX file to my iPhone, it just shows the meeting spot. I did find the trail on Gaia so I think I'm good.