Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

I'm coming out to camp.. That'll be the end of my first week in Reno and I'm going to be all alone with my wife and kids back down in California.. I'll need people to hang out with. Won't be in the competition but I will be at camp drinking beer and whiskey...

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Truckerbizz

OverlandHiker

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger II

Livermore, CA
First Name
Bennett
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6LPD
I need to bow out. Sad to miss what would have been my first group event as an OB member. My son's little league team is undefeated and has a playoff game that Saturday. Looking forward to seeing photos of the rally.

Wolfy

Rank V

Advocate I

Reno
About the patches.

The place I had some similar patches made in town is going to cost us about $10 / patch, but they can probably do them in time. But honestly they aren't that awesome. The embroidery is great, but they aren't equipped to really do the sewing on of the velcro. The way it was sewn on isn't great.

1) I could try stickers from Sticker Mule.
2) We could get just patches from my local source and NOT velcro backed patches. I have been using 3M heavy duty adhesive velcro for patches and that works really well.

What do you guys thing about that?

-M

JusticeZ33

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

3M adhesive velcro works fine...i do that all the time for patches that dont have the velcro already.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

About the patches.

The place I had some similar patches made in town is going to cost us about $10 / patch, but they can probably do them in time. But honestly they aren't that awesome. The embroidery is great, but they aren't equipped to really do the sewing on of the velcro. The way it was sewn on isn't great.

1) I could try stickers from Sticker Mule.
2) We could get just patches from my local source and NOT velcro backed patches. I have been using 3M heavy duty adhesive velcro for patches and that works really well.

What do you guys thing about that?

-M
3m self adhesive Velcro works great.. I say do the patches without Velcro. Wal-Mart carries Velcro. Can a guy who's just coming to hang out get in on a patch?

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app

Wolfy

Rank V

Advocate I

Reno
How many patches?

They can do it for us by Friday. I need to get a number for them. I told him 30 and it looks like we have 15 signed up and maybe 20 going? So that should do it.

The cost of the patches is either going to be about $8 a piece plus a $25 charge to digitize the design. So I just want a patch for myself and then my costs covered. Also a patch for Zach and Alex as to thank them for doing the event for us. So $15 per patch? It's expensive to do such a small run...

So give me a number.

-M

Reactions: FrankR

renodemona

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TCT
I'm down for $20 or less...I think my original post was eaten. Still. In for a patch.

Convoy.Of.One

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Arcadia, CA
Member #

Damn, I have in-services that weekend for work or else I'd be driving up there right now out of pure excitement.

Good luck on the trail run y'all!