UK - Adventure Overland Show 2017 Meetup

• HTML tutorial

Talisker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

The Lake District, UK
Member #

The show website suggests there is plenty of space to keep groups of friends together. Once we know how many of us will be going we can ask the organisers to save some space - I'm happy to ask if nobody else has yet?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using OB Talk mobile app

Talisker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

The Lake District, UK
Member #

I've literally just upgraded my membership so am still waiting for Facebook access/emblems etc. :smiley:

In the meantime I'll contact Tom and set up a new Rally Point (this feature looks great) as soon as I have details. Really looking forward to meeting some like-minded Overlanders.

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

I've literally just upgraded my membership so am still waiting for Facebook access/emblems etc. :smiley:

In the meantime I'll contact Tom and set up a new Rally Point (this feature looks great) as soon as I have details. Really looking forward to meeting some like-minded Overlanders.
Hey - if you have got an order number i can get it verified and then allow teh FB access :)

in terms of the meet up - indeed this is something im looking at, at the moment - as the show maps tend to be a bit fluid in terms of things changing all the time, im looking at an alternative landmark which is likely not to change.. like the big building in the middle which is usually for map reading ect - solid details for both Sat / Sun meet up at specific time will be posted once confirmed :)

RE Camping - yep if you guys want to band together to get a spot all together thats cool, i this year am on another pitch for something else but certainly will be happy to pop over during the evening time to say hello (along with the meet during the day time) - but please bear in mind that this isn't an "Official" OB event which OB isn't having a stall or anything, so the group camping will need to reflect that - if you get what i mean :)

I like the thinking, it was just unfortunate that this came up quicker than expected for it to have an official presence - something ill look at for next year :)

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Talisker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

The Lake District, UK
Member #

Hey - if you have got an order number i can get it verified and then allow teh FB access :)
That's great, thanks. Should I send my order no. via FB for verification?

in terms of the meet up - indeed this is something im looking at, at the moment - as the show maps tend to be a bit fluid in terms of things changing all the time, im looking at an alternative landmark which is likely not to change.. like the big building in the middle which is usually for map reading ect - solid details for both Sat / Sun meet up at specific time will be posted once confirmed :)
Sounds like a plan [emoji3].

RE Camping - yep if you guys want to band together to get a spot all together thats cool, i this year am on another pitch for something else but certainly will be happy to pop over during the evening time to say hello (along with the meet during the day time) - but please bear in mind that this isn't an "Official" OB event which OB isn't having a stall or anything, so the group camping will need to reflect that - if you get what i mean :)
Good point, just an informal gathering.

The AOS should be great this year looks like some good workshops and hopefully loads of great rigs to see. Fingers crossed for good weather [emoji295]

Sent from my Moto G (5) using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Kevigizmo

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
If your going to start rabbitng on about official meets etc ill be camping as far away as possible , the whole idea of a meet is just that a gathering of like minded people for a natter swop stories ideas not a regimentel " you park there and camp there CHILL OUT MAN

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

If your going to start rabbitng on about official meets etc ill be camping as far away as possible , the whole idea of a meet is just that a gathering of like minded people for a natter swop stories ideas not a regimentel " you park there and camp there CHILL OUT MAN
I am chilled about it and have no problem with where people want to band together and camp

Talisker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

The Lake District, UK
Member #

Alright guys - got my membership number OB #7326 ! :grinning:

I've also contacted the show organiser to find out if we can easily camp together - I'll let you know as soon as I have a response.

FB Event indicates 7 confirmed 4 maybe - not bad at all. (As the FB Event is up and running I wont bother with a OB Rally Point this time to avoid duplication/confusion).

Anyone traveling down from the north? I'm leaving from Cumbria at around 3pm Friday afteroon.

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Kev my reply came across a bit bolchi wasnt meant to be was tong in cheek
See you at peterboro. For a pint
thats alright :) - I don't take things to heart as sometimes text does come across alot different than spoken so no worries :)

I still need to see if I am able to go to Peterborough as I'm working away this week and get back home late friday night..

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Let us know if a few are banding together to camp. If not perhaps meeting up whilst at show etc at some point
Quite a few people have shown interest in camping together so I'm sure that will be going ahead [emoji3]

There will definitely be a meet up during the day on both days, as the show layout can bee ever changing, the main brick building in the middle doesn't (usually known as the map area?) so likely to be around that way as its a fixed point not likely to move [emoji4]

Sent from my VKY-L09 using OB Talk mobile app

Talisker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

The Lake District, UK
Member #

Hey up again,

I've managed to get a response from the AOS crew.

They have kindly set aside an area for OB forum members :smiley: All you have to do is let the marshal at the gate know you're with OB on arrival and they will direct you to the proper place - happy days!

I mentioned that we're quite a new group and don't have much to display other than our vehicles, Tom suggested the following:

"what I'd suggest is for members to dig out some photos and make a board of where they've been ... or if the group is planning a trip, mention that too. That together with a gazebo should do the trick! See you soon, Tom McGuigan (Event Director)"

so if you've got anything interesting to share with the community please bring it along with you. I thought I would print some piccies with captions and stick them in the land rover window with space to shelter under the awning.

Look forward to seeing folks at the show.

Reactions: D3Overland

D3Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Canterbury, UK
Member #

Cool! i will ask at the gate then, should be arriving early on the Saturday morning in time for opening. Not got much to show apart from the old landrover....which i'll be sleeping in! I have an OB flag and a very big pole !

paramatt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shropshire England
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Ziola
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7MJZ
hi all hoping to come on the Saturday for the day, only problem right now is that my new to me disco 3 is broken....... :pensive: it had a random fault when I bought it, so took it straight back to the garage.
found out today its a turbo problem!!! lucky for me the rover has a warranty and it will be fixed some time next week :sob:.

Anyway so hope to see you there but will be parking my Renault far away and walking over to say hi.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

D3Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Canterbury, UK
Member #

hi all hoping to come on the Saturday for the day, only problem right now is that my new to me disco 3 is broken....... :pensive: it had a random fault when I bought it, so took it straight back to the garage.
found out today its a turbo problem!!! lucky for me the rover has a warranty and it will be fixed some time next week :sob:.

Anyway so hope to see you there but will be parking my Renault far away and walking over to say hi.

oh dear! they are a bugger ! come find us and say hi, i'm sure we can all meet at some convenient point :-)

Reactions: paramatt

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your D3 there Matt.. atleast it is under warranty as a D3 Turbo would be quite expensive!!

However it would be great to see you when you arrive and say Hi to everyone even if it is in a Renault parked hidden from sight :smile: - Remeber "It doesn't matter what you drive" hehe!

Reactions: paramatt