Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Forsyth County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Graham
Member #

I have a new camper shell for my Tundra rig. I had to remove the bed tool box to add the shell. I live in an apartment so storage space is limited and I don’t know that I want to try to sell it. So, I am wondering if anyone out there has mounted this kind of box to a stowaway swing out arm. The pros that I can see is obviously storage and a surface for cooking, etc. the cons I see may be the weight and overhang at the back of the rig. It’s no deeper than most of the storage boxes I’ve seen people use on these swing out arms but it is the entire width of my rig. Any suggestions or pics of what some of you may have done would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I have a new camper shell for my Tundra rig. I had to remove the bed tool box to add the shell. I live in an apartment so storage space is limited and I don’t know that I want to try to sell it. So, I am wondering if anyone out there has mounted this kind of box to a stowaway swing out arm. The pros that I can see is obviously storage and a surface for cooking, etc. the cons I see may be the weight and overhang at the back of the rig. It’s no deeper than most of the storage boxes I’ve seen people use on these swing out arms but it is the entire width of my rig. Any suggestions or pics of what some of you may have done would be greatly appreciated.
I recently bought a Tundra and was looking at a camper shell, but I had the same problem with my toolbox. The swing-out is an idea I didn't consider, but it will probably be too awkward. I racked my brain and found no solution that worked. Then after pricing a new ARE campershell and slide out rail system, I was in the $6K range, so I ended up getting a small teardrop type camper brand new for $12k. Now I have my toolbox and an open bed. If you have the camper shell, you will have to forego the toolbox. Sell it and get one or two of the small profile ones that fit behind the wheel well. Gives you tool storage and leaves the bed open. That was going to be my plan if I went that route...

Reactions: Graham1298