Truck Bed Tool Box on Swing Out Arm

• You may have noticed, things have changed round here! If you would like more information about the recent changes, please visit this post:

Software & Migration Update

• Guest, Did you know you can change the look of your Overland Bound forums? At the bottom of this page look for the Style Chooser! All previous and new light and dark themes are available. Pick something you like!

Graham1298

Rank I

Traveler I

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
Member #

I have a new camper shell for my Tundra rig. I had to remove the bed tool box to add the shell. I live in an apartment so storage space is limited and I don’t know that I want to try to sell it. So, I am wondering if anyone out there has mounted this kind of box to a stowaway swing out arm. The pros that I can see is obviously storage and a surface for cooking, etc. the cons I see may be the weight and overhang at the back of the rig. It’s no deeper than most of the storage boxes I’ve seen people use on these swing out arms but it is the entire width of my rig. Any suggestions or pics of what some of you may have done would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: