Visalia, CA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Patton
Member #

Service Branch
U. S. Army
I've searched and searched and can't find the info I was looking for. Where can imfind out more info about some of the other trophys and badges. Like the "Pathfinder" or "Road Ranger" ones.......

Can someone point me in the right direction...... @Michael

Reactions: Michael

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

I've searched and searched and can't find the info I was looking for. Where can imfind out more info about some of the other trophys and badges. Like the "Pathfinder" or "Road Ranger" ones.......

i think many are not live yet. the spread sheet michael linked to a few posts ago has ideas for up coming ones, like pathfinder.

Reactions: lifelesstraveled

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

It's a bit of a treasure hunt because they are not complete. I have been working on this recently so we can get the other trophies published!

You can see progress here: Trophy's in Development

Once complete, I'll publish and announce it here in the forums!

Feel free to add comments, just don't delete anyone else's!

Thank you!

Reactions: Sequoiahiker

Sequoiahiker

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Visalia, CA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Patton
Member #

Service Branch
U. S. Army
It's a bit of a treasure hunt because they are not complete. I have been working on this recently so we can get the other trophies published!

You can see progress here: Trophy's in Development

Once complete, I'll publish and announce it here in the forums!

Feel free to add comments, just don't delete anyone else's!

Thank you!
Awesome Michael. Thanks for your reply and hard work, I know it's not easy with having a bunch of "irons in the fire" so to speak.

Reactions: John D.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

how would I go about getting admin confirmation for things?
Many of the trophies are automated, such as number of posts, likes, trail uploads, boot camp, etc. As soon as you meet the requirement it should be awarded. Those that are not should have a "Submit Request" button beside them. Carefully look at the requirements and see that you meet all of them. If so, submit the request, giving a clear account of meeting the requirements.

For example, if submitting the Instagram requirement, please include either a link to your Instagram account, or a screen image of the post showing all of the requirements. If you met up with another badge-holding member, include who, and a photo if you took one. Simply saying "I posted on Instagram" doesn't make things easy for this of us approving the trophies.

And thanks for playing along. Some of our trophies are just for fun, and some help other members with your knowledge.

I hope that helps,
Steve

Brandon Harvey

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oregon
Member #

Many of the trophies are automated, such as number of posts, likes, trail uploads, boot camp, etc. As soon as you meet the requirement it should be awarded. Those that are not should have a "Submit Request" button beside them. Carefully look at the requirements and see that you meet all of them. If so, submit the request, giving a clear account of meeting the requirements.

For example, if submitting the Instagram requirement, please include either a link to your Instagram account, or a screen image of the post showing all of the requirements. If you met up with another badge-holding member, include who, and a photo if you took one. Simply saying "I posted on Instagram" doesn't make things easy for this of us approving the trophies.

And thanks for playing along. Some of our trophies are just for fun, and some help other members with your knowledge.

I hope that helps,
Steve
Thanks Steve - I posted this in the emblems page but not sure where else to post the IG emblem posts -

Here is my emblem on my 2003 Ford Ranger - Here is a link to the IG post of all the great goods I got for joining OB -
Thanks,
--Brandon

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I posted this in the emblems page but not sure where else to post the IG emblem posts
Happy to help! You would post the information related to the requested badge on the form that pops up when you click on the "Request Validation" button. But please note the requirements for the Influencer III trophy: "You've also had a verified post on Instagram with a picture of your emblem in some awesome place, and a shout out to encourage others to "Outfit & Explore", and tagged @overlandbound."

OCWanderer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Irvine, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Wright
Member #

I'm brand new, so it's a bit confusing, but I figure that all I need to do is contribute, be a decent dude and help out here and there, get out and explore and the rest will take care of itself.

Reactions: JeepWave and Steve

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

With regards to the Ambassador Badge as this is currently the only one which is completely live, I feel that I won' be able to complete it fully. one of the requirements is to become a supporter, benefactor and so on. Whilst the money is going to a good cause I feel that as I already have a large flag, stickers etc I wouldn' be benefitting from my payment.

some of the other requirements are to ask 10 question to one forum and add 3 entries to another etc, is there a way of finding out what has been submitted to each of the forums etc?

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Love this, adds a different dimension to the forums and encourages contributions from members.

Also, great to see that no-one gets hung up about what their rank is, or what badges or trophies they have - unlike several other forums I've been a part of. Everyone here is here for one thing Outfit and Explore, which includes being part of this great forum and membership. Well done to @Michael and @Corrie for having the foresight to start this all off and to all the Staff Members, Admins and ~Moderators for all the hard work I know goes into running a big forum (been there, done that, got the tee shirt, and had to sit up all night moderating .... but that's another story).

Anyway, curiosity:

When I click on my profile it shows I have 2 badges (Advocate 1 and Navigator 1):
profile1.jpg

When I click on badges from my username in the top right corner, it shows the same two badges

profile2.jpg

If I click on the Badges button (mine shows the number 2) on the left hand side of my profile page, it goes to the same page as above

profile3.jpg

If I click on Badges - Your Badges (top menu), the same as in 2 & 3 above happens

All of the above makes sense, but ...... when I click on the Feature badge on my profile button, it shows I actually have 10 badges to choose from

profile4.jpg

If I click on Badges in the top menu, then on Badges in the drop down, followed by clicking in the Ambassador or Adventurer boxes, 10 badges are shown unlocked

profile5.jpg

Just wondering why the differences.

Keep up the good work guys and looking forward to being able to contribute what I can in the future, and from some of my historical trips and knowledge.

Where's the Thumbs Up emoji ?? He he ..... :sunglasses::sunglasses:

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

My curiosity was more about the numbers of badges I have
I think the first examples are showing the latest badge that you've earned in each track. That's what mine seem to be showing. The only places to see all badges are either in the badge chosen or by going through each track and seeing which you've earned.

Reactions: Michael

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

I think the first examples are showing the latest badge that you've earned in each track. That's what mine seem to be showing. The only places to see all badges are either in the badge chosen or by going through each track and seeing which you've earned.
Ah, OK, makes sense, thank you.
Off to see what I can earn next ......... :sunglasses::sunglasses::tongueclosed::tongueclosed:

Reactions: Michael and Steve

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Thanks @nickburt ! Yes, I believe these are badges earned vs badges available to be earned.

This system is about to undergo significant updates, further defining the other three badge tracks! Since we are on the topic, I'm going to drop this here. We just had the challenge coins for the other three tracks designed. The set looks like this. We think the innovator track is actually going to read, "Challenge Creates Invention". Any better suggestions?

Cheers!

M

unnamed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.