First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey Everyone,

I've received quite a few questions about the point and rank system in the forums.

The most important thing to understand is that the rank system being built over time by design. We've actually put considerable time into thinking what is MOST relevant within the overland community, and how we might reward different level members. Here are some details.
  1. There are 4 trophy "tracks". They are:
    1. Overland Bound Ambassador - Community focused, and primarily forum activity.
    2. Overland Bound Adventurer - For those who travel a lot, and share their routes and experience.
    3. Overland Bound Innovator - For do-it-yourself-ers, and idea generators contributing new ideas to Overlanding.
    4. Overland Bound Challenger - Extreme Challenge Series
  2. Each track has 15 trophies.
  3. Trophies can be displayed on your profile once awarded.
  4. Trophies award "points".
  5. Completing every trophy in all tracks will award the maximum number of points, and the highest rank.
  6. Points increase your "Rank"
  7. Trophies have requirements. Some are forum-based (automatic) but some will need to be verified. For example, the Overland Bound Challenger Trail Blazer II trophy might require a verified water crossing.
The Ambassador Track is complete. There are 15 possible Trophies, for a total of 3,970 points. That would get you to Rank 6 of 10, but keep in mind, rank 10 is 15,000 points.

To display the badges in the forums, go to your profile and select the earned badge you would like to display!

Here are the Trophy Requirements:

Ambassador Trophy Requirements:

2016-01-02_2011.png

This is how it all fits together to eventually become a Legendary Member:

2016-01-02_2017.png

Last edited:

rixham

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Frederick, MD
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Rixham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3NAZ
Great idea! I think it would be easier to have badges for Ambassador, Adventurer, Innovator, Challenger and a special one for Legendary Member.
OK.. I have been thinking about this some more. Instead of separate badges , why not have rockers to go around the member badge?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
When are you going to reveal another track?
I know!

The other tracks are the hard ones because they are more about activities outside the forums. I'm hoping to get a track a quarter? Next track within the next 3 months?

Maybe I could deligate this to the community? Would anyone like to help flesh these out?

M

LB_Jeep

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Memphis TN
Member #

I just started paying attention to trophies and points and such and I was confused at first because the trophy requirements talk about the # of posts you have made but when you look at your activity tracker it says messages instead of posts. Not a huge deal but confused me for a few minutes when I was trying to understand the whole thing.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I just started paying attention to trophies and points and such and I was confused at first because the trophy requirements talk about the # of posts you have made but when you look at your activity tracker it says messages instead of posts. Not a huge deal but confused me for a few minutes when I was trying to understand the whole thing.
I will change that!

Reactions: LB_Jeep

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
How do you get credit for things like "meeting another member." Does it have to be reported somehow, or observed by staff? Just curious.
It needs to be confirmed by staff, which I can do for you! It's confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.