Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I'm almost 100% sure you can do the whole trail with the trailer...except one or two sections. I plan to go in and edit these sections and mark them as "if you're pulling a trailer, avoid this section" and "if you're above x.x feet tall, avoid this section". I will also make rerouted for those people.

I've come to realize that there is one thing that LeadNav doesn't have that I wish it did have; a notes section lol. I plan on making up a word document, with notes about the trail, to include in the .zip file I have available on Etsy.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering whether the Easy file contained any notes, recommendations, campground info, etc, or just the route. Adding the document might make it more interesting to more people.

Reactions: Xplorr313

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
Thanks for the info. I was wondering whether the Easy file contained any notes, recommendations, campground info, etc, or just the route. Adding the document might make it more interesting to more people.
I had planned on creating these files but I forgot to do so since a lot of people were hounding for the .gpx file. I do however have a website I created for the TNJT with some info on it but it's not the best since it was quickly thrown together and a free site lol.

https://xplorr313.wixsite.com/tnjt

Reactions: Steve

Funkicidal

Rank I

Contributor III

Xplorer313, it looks like all the links in thread are gone. Are you still making the information about the TNJT trail available?

Myself and a couple of friends are interested in exploring the trail, the southern part anyway for starters.

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
I have removed the trail gpx file and all info of the trail from the public. Sorry guys.

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
For anyone who comes back to this thread, I have a copy of the files created by Xplorer313. You can reach me at Garden State Overland, where we are planning a group to travel these trails
If that’s not disrespectful and a douchebag thing to do.

Look, if you want the maps, you can contact me personally. Anyone who has contacted me recently will tell you that they have received the routes from me at no charge.

Reactions: Homeguy

Ian McAdorey

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

If that’s not disrespectful and a douchebag thing to do.

Look, if you want the maps, you can contact me personally. Anyone who has contacted me recently will tell you that they have received the routes from me at no charge.
Did I say I was going to Charge anybody? - No

Did I give you the credit for the file? - Yes

Have you been 100% active in the forums? - No

Am I grateful for your generosity? - Absolutely

I was giving people an opportunity to reach out to someone who is actively pursuing and studying this trail, sorry if you feel like I stepped on your toes.

Reactions: DVC

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
Did I say I was going to Charge anybody? - No

Did I give you the credit for the file? - Yes

Have you been 100% active in the forums? - No

Am I grateful for your generosity? - Absolutely

I was giving people an opportunity to reach out to someone who is actively pursuing and studying this trail, sorry if you feel like I stepped on your toes.
Did you put 2 years of your life into perfecting the trail ? -No

Did you work with the DEP, the PPA, and the NJSFS to make this trail 100% legal for all users? -No

Does it matter that I’m 100% active on the forums? -No

It doesn’t matter if I’m “active” or not. It doesn’t matter if I gave the file to you for free or not. You don’t just come out and say “if you want it I have it. So contact me for it”. You didn’t say those exact words but what you said pretty much said that. That is disrespectful. You could have at least came to me in an email or private message and asked me first. That’s the correct action that should have been taken in all of this. Had you have done so, I probably would have said go for it.

Also, apparently I still answer those who respond to this thread; you saw how fast I shut your shit down. If anyone wants or needs the files they can contact me personally like I had stated above.

Reactions: mad4runner

Ian McAdorey

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

Did you put 2 years of your life into perfecting the trail ? -No

Did you work with the DEP, the PPA, and the NJSFS to make this trail 100% legal for all users? -No

Does it matter that I’m 100% active on the forums? -No

It doesn’t matter if I’m “active” or not. It doesn’t matter if I gave the file to you for free or not. You don’t just come out and say “if you want it I have it. So contact me for it”. You didn’t say those exact words but what you said pretty much said that. That is disrespectful. You could have at least came to me in an email or private message and asked me first. That’s the correct action that should have been taken in all of this. Had you have done so, I probably would have said go for it.

Also, apparently I still answer those who respond to this thread; you saw how fast I shut your shit down. If anyone wants or needs the files they can contact me personally like I had stated above.
You really expect the worst in people, huh? Whatever man, you're right, I'm wrong, who cares. You also can't say you have been responsive because you have people sitting in here asking for your contact info and how to get a hold of you with no response for months. You only step up when you feel like someone is "stealing your fame," which is the last thing I am trying to do. I didn't put in the effort, so I am NOT trying to take credit for anything here. How do you expect me to reach out to you when the only thing you still have up is your YouTube channel, which took a significant amount of searching to get to. Facebook, down. Instagram, down. Facebook Group, down. You aren't active on the forums so how do I know if you are going to respond?

Now I see why people got frustrated with you trying to sell the files, you care too much about credibility and not enough about loving the land for what it is.

Reactions: toolsforwar and DVC

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
You really expect the worst in people, huh? Whatever man, you're right, I'm wrong, who cares. You also can't say you have been responsive because you have people sitting in here asking for your contact info and how to get a hold of you with no response for months. You only step up when you feel like someone is "stealing your fame," which is the last thing I am trying to do. I didn't put in the effort, so I am NOT trying to take credit for anything here. How do you expect me to reach out to you when the only thing you still have up is your YouTube channel, which took a significant amount of searching to get to. Facebook, down. Instagram, down. Facebook Group, down. You aren't active on the forums so how do I know if you are going to respond?

Now I see why people got frustrated with you trying to sell the files, you care too much about credibility and not enough about loving the land for what it is.
LOLOLOLOL.

Yeah I cared about credibility cause it was my ass on the line with the DEP and PPA.

Reactions: Ian McAdorey

Ian McAdorey

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

Yeah I cared about credibility cause it was my ass on the line with the DEP and PPA.
Yes and it still is, this is why I had, and still have, no problem shooting you money for the files. You did put in the effort to get it done. This doesn't change that I am not some scum bag not letting you get your credit and fame for the file; I'm not some scumbag not putting credit where it's due.

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
Yes and it still is, this is why I had, and still have, no problem shooting you money for the files. You did put in the effort to get it done. This doesn't change that I am not some scum bag not letting you get your credit and fame for the file; I'm not some scumbag not putting credit where it's due.
Ok, well I still feel all of this was unneeded and could have been avoided if you had just reached out to me in a private message. Again, I most likely would have told you to go ahead with sharing the files had you of just reached out and asked.

You have to keep in mind that this IS Nazi Jersey. The DEP (department of environmental protection), and PPA (Pinelands preservation alliance) are all looking for reasons to completely shut down all the fire roads throughout all of the Pinelands. For years it has been used and abused by so many off-roading groups participating in illegal off-roading. For those of us who call the pine barrens our backyard, we have fought with the agencies to keep the roads open to the public. While everyone may think that the pine barrens are a free for all, do whatever you want area, they are not and are still at risk at being shut down. The 4x4 version of the TNJT was my attempt at providing NJ with a legal trail system. It was my attempt at partnering with the agencies to have a trail in place for all to enjoy. Unfortunately it never got as far as partnering with the agencies. I did however talk with them and received the blessing from one of the most anti 4x4/off-roading guy in the PPA. In their eyes, I am the one responsible for the trail. Unfortunately, I cannot police the trail nor protect the trail from misuse but I’m still on the line for the trail and the influx of people traversing the trail. This is why I put a price tag on the trail maps. Cause those who did not want to pay, would most likely not have access to the trail map. Those who did want to pay, would respect the trail and respect not passing it out to everyone. I no longer can charge for the trail due to the ton of shit I received from others, including yourself Ian in your above post. I was only trying to protect the trail from misusers. Yes, I was difficult to work with when it came time for others to get the map but it was only becaus I knew in time the trail would only get destroyed and shut down like any other thing in this fucked up state.

Think what you want but I had great intentions and big dreams of this trail actually becoming something bigger than what it really was.

Reactions: mad4runner

DVC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hackettstown, NJ
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
R
Member #

Looks to me like there's no argument to be had here, just a misunderstanding...
I (and I imagine others) would be more than happy to do the following:

• Contribute some money in respect of the great work done to map out the trails and work with the agencies to spread good faith toward the overlanding community

• Commit to treating access to the trail system as a privilege that must be respected in order to preserve said privilege (i.e. Don't drive or even tread where we're not supposed to; Don't drive in a manner, or in conditions that will result in degrading the trails; Pack out whatever we bring in (and maybe remnants that others lacking in consideration leave behind).

• Look forward to meeting up with other local overlanders to enjoy some exploration.

We're all in this together, so let's give each other the benefit of the doubt until there's a good reason to do otherwise.

Last edited: