Trans-America Trail

• HTML tutorial

Rudyr03

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami fl
Sorry to double post. Rudyr03, can you post some of the gear and upgrades you have on your JK? I am planning this trip myself in a 2015 JK.
I haven’t finished the trail yet but a stock suspension jeep 4x4 should be able to do it no problem.. but I’m running icon suspension on 37s.
Arb fridge 50qt
Gobi stealth rack
Cvt tent
Genesis dual battery kit with odyssey extremes.. those are mods I did just for the trip., but out of all those the arb fridge is the most important necessity since I’m traveling with my wife and 2 kids .. son is year and a half and ny daughter is 4 months old.

Dethspec

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nashville, TN
Member #

I haven’t finished the trail yet but a stock suspension jeep 4x4 should be able to do it no problem.. but I’m running icon suspension on 37s.
Arb fridge 50qt
Gobi stealth rack
Cvt tent
Genesis dual battery kit with odyssey extremes.. those are mods I did just for the trip., but out of all those the arb fridge is the most important necessity since I’m traveling with my wife and 2 kids .. son is year and a half and ny daughter is 4 months old.
Your wife is a trooper! Thanks for the reply, I was looking at the Gobi and hadn't decided on the tent yet. I think I also need a winch to get myself out of trouble. The fridge is an excellent suggestion as I had not thought of that. Thanks again! And keep us updated on your trip - that way I can live vicariously through you until I make the trip myself. Planning and thinking about it kinda consumes my downtime.

Rudyr03

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami fl
Your wife is a trooper! Thanks for the reply, I was looking at the Gobi and hadn't decided on the tent yet. I think I also need a winch to get myself out of trouble. The fridge is an excellent suggestion as I had not thought of that. Thanks again! And keep us updated on your trip - that way I can live vicariously through you until I make the trip myself. Planning and thinking about it kinda consumes my downtime.
Yes she is.. and don’t forget a mr buddy heater for the tent.. it was 44 degrees last night

Reactions: Dethspec

Dethspec

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nashville, TN
Member #

Arb fridge 50qt
Gobi stealth rack
Cvt tent
Did you do the dual battery for the fridge?

TonyC

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rochester, NY
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Correa
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2PTJ
Service Branch
USAF, National Guard
Way to go Rudy. Congratulations!

VegasKid

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

I know the trail is designed to go from the East Coast to the West Coast, but does anyone know if people go west coast to east coast?

Rudyr03

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami fl
I know the trail is designed to go from the East Coast to the West Coast, but does anyone know if people go west coast to east coast?
For the most part yes I believe it’s possible.. has a lot of county roads and forest roads.. I saw people traveling in both directions.. but some raids were really narrow.. not sure.. we deviated off the trail and did most of the passes in Colorado black bear pass, cinnamon, engineer, alpine loop, p gulch, Imogene, stony pass probably missing a few.. black bear was the only one in a certain section that said 1 way only.. hope this helps