Paul
Last Name
Portschy
Member #

Hello OB community!

I have a quick site query.

Here are coordinates
36.32766, -121.55829

Has anyone been out to this site? I found it on GAIA GPS. It looks doable but I thought it best to ask around first.

Post script: Feel free to post up other random sites less traveled to the thread.

Thanks in advance!

Oregon_trail

Rank II

Traveler I

Medford Oregon
First Name
Micah
Last Name
White
Member #

My entire route today was untraveled. Ended up on super tight trails that left my ram with some pin striping and more tan then red. Wife did not enjoy the drive lol.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
My entire route today was untraveled. Ended up on super tight trails that left my ram with some pin striping and more tan then red. Wife did not enjoy the drive lol.
Sounds like many of my trips up here... I see what res lea a wide spot in the trees and say “there is a decent trail, wonder where it leads” four hours later and I’m on some ridge that I never knew would be so beautiful. Meanwhile my wife is “saying turn around honey”. Or “you’re going to kill us.” In my defense I have never injured a rig on the trail... on the hard ball I’ve been in a few fender benders.

Reactions: Oregon_trail

Oregon_trail

Rank II

Traveler I

Medford Oregon
First Name
Micah
Last Name
White
Member #

Sounds like many of my trips up here... I see what res lea a wide spot in the trees and say “there is a decent trail, wonder where it leads” four hours later and I’m on some ridge that I never knew would be so beautiful. Meanwhile my wife is “saying turn around honey”. Or “you’re going to kill us.” In my defense I have never injured a rig on the trail... on the hard ball I’ve been in a few fender benders.
Sadly no such reward for me other than seeing ranchers herding cattle and some antelope which was cool but it’s pretty Smokey in eastern Oregon now. It also doesn’t help my wife is pregnant

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Sadly no such reward for me other than seeing ranchers herding cattle and some antelope which was cool but it’s pretty Smokey in eastern Oregon now. It also doesn’t help my wife is pregnant
You need to head further East... no smoke here... which is funny because we have a fire burning just out of town.